OH NO! MoMa ate cat food today!! GROSS!!! I went to my moms house today to pick up my sister for lunch. MoMa was crawling around and I noticed she had something in her mouth so I made her spit it out and it was a cat food kibble!! I called DaDi and told him about it and he thought it was pretty funny. He said "Well, did she like it?" I don't think she "liked" it, but she wasn't gagging or anything either. What a weirdo. She eats off the floor so much and she'll find the smallest little thing to stick in her mouth. I have to watch her all the time. I can't tell you how many times I have pulled carpet fuzzies out of her mouth! EEEWWW!
Anyways, today I am working and I just got done cleaning the downstairs. The upstairs is a disaster though so I need to get cracken on that before MoMa wakes up from her nap. I'm trying to get her on a different schedule now that she's getting ready to turn one and will be eating all her meals along with us. So far it's been working out pretty good. I really want the book "toddler wise" so if any of you have it and want to let me borrow it, let me know and I'll come and pick it up. "Baby wise" worked perfect for us and we have the best little sleeper because of it. I highly recommend this book but it isn't for any of you softies out there. You do have to let your baby cry for more than 2 seconds but it only lasts about a week. I know so many moms that absolutely will not let there kids cry and that's why they still wake up in the middle of the night when they're 2 years old!! Dadi and I could not deal with that at all. We would lose it. I followed everything that baby wise said to do and when to do it and sure enough she started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks (8 hours straight) and then by 10 weeks, she was sleeping 12 hours straight through. It's all about scheduling and feeding patterns. The idea of it is that when you have a schedule, the baby learns not to stress out and cry when he/she wants food because he/she knows exactly when it's coming. Also, babies and kids need sleep and I don't think a lot of parents realize exactly how much they truly need. Babies by 12 weeks should be sleeping 12 hours straight through and they should continue this for years!! My Aunt is a second grade teacher and one of the questions she asks her students parents is what time their kids go to bed. She can tell by the bratty kids which ones do not get enough sleep. So many parents let their kids go to sleep when they go to sleep at 10:00 at night. That's nuts!! I know that a lot of moms and dads work so they want the kids to stay up with them so that they can play with and see the kid, but they're just being selfish and not thinking about how the lack of sleep and schedule affects the kid. Just watch Super Nanny to find out what happens to your kids when they aren't going to bed at a decent hour. Brats!! Okay, well, I've gone off on a little tangent. Sorry about that. But I do need the "toddler wise" book so if you have it, let me know!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
You can check it out at the library. That's where I borrowed some of the parenting books I wanted to peruse.
Post a Comment