Thursday, August 2, 2007
American Home Mortgage
I received some news that the company that I worked for just went bankrupt. I am so shocked! Back in May when i decided to leave I was worried about how we would make ends meet. I was only working part time, but it still helped out a lot. I guess it wouldn't have mattered much longer anyways if i had decided to stay. Over 7000 employees lost their jobs today nationwide. I feel so bad for everyone. This is a hard time for them. It was just a few short years ago that Capitol Commerce had to close it's doors and we all were without a job. Luckily, AHM, came along and picked us up deciding to expand their business in the wholesale market and onto the west coast. The day that Cap Com closed down was the day that Dadi and I were buying our first home. Not only could they not fund the loan, but i had also lost my job and a nice chunk of money. It was a sad time for us. We had a vacation planned the following day and we decided to go and have a nice time in spite of all the bad news we had received. Then, on our vacation, our car was broken into and a bunch of our things were stolen from it. That was my breaking point. They even stole some of our food that we had packed in the car for our trip including Reese's big cups and a 12 pack of Dr pepper, among other things. A few days later, i had received word that we had landed on our feet and would be employed by AHM. I was very relieved to have found a job so quickly and that I could stay with the team that i was used to working with. I recently sent my moms loan to AHM and they funded this past Thursday. The next day they stopped sending any wires out so literally, my moms loan was one of the last to fund for AHM. I can't believe how weird it is that our loan with capitol commerce was a day late and hers ended up being a day early. She made it just in the nick of time. So... i had planned to bring in some goodies as a thank you to the office for all they did for my moms loan but this was before i had received word that they were on the verge of closing. I found out this morning that they were indeed closing their doors and I decided to go in and bring them goodies anyway. It was a very eerie feeling being in the same office 3 years later (almost to the day) that cap com closed it's doors. it brought up a lot of those bad feelings that i had back then. I felt awful for all of my friends that had lost their jobs especially the ones that were there with me when cap com closed down. everyone seemed to be in good spirits which surprised me. but as i thought about it more, i realized that we all survived it once before and everything worked out okay. Even though it's going to be scary for them, it is going to be alright. No one is going to die over this. It might hurt their wallets for awhile, but it will all work out in the end. i wish everyone luck that they will land on their feet soon. If any of you are reading this blog, be sure to stay in contact with me and keep me posted on everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Yea, I can't believe it was almost at the exact same time Cap Com closed. I spoke in RS on sunday and talked about AHM (it was on food storage and being prepared) and all the people who are out of a job now and hopefully have financial and food reserves. Anyway, good luck to all . . .
Post a Comment