Saturday, September 15, 2007

PICTURES!!!

Alright, I've posted some pictures!! Yeah. I was talking with my friend from church the other day and she was saying how she only posts when she has pictures to post on her blog and I'm the opposite, i post all the time but forget to put the pictures on there. I said that her and i would make a perfect blogger team!! i could do the journaling part and she could post the pictures! I love how blogging has brought me closer to people. I can go online and see what my friends have been up to and also, i can find out what things i have in common with them as well. I feel like i am making new friends through blogging and also growing my relationships with my older blogging friends and family. It's so fun. This is a recent picture of Moma taken when we were in Vegas. Usually it's impossible for her to sit still enough for me to do pig tails and i get frustrated and give up, but she sat pretty still for me this time and i think she looks so cute. When i was younger and i had longer hair, my Aunt would take the end of my pig tail and tickle my face and ears with it and it would almost always put me to sleep. i remember being very little laying in her lap thinking "stay awake!! it feels so nice. just stay awake a little longer!!" Right now, i take the end of my hair and tickle momas face with it and she loves it. the only thing that i don't like about it is that she will grab my hair herself and start rubbing it on her own face. i wouldn't mind that if she wasn't so dang strong. She nearly rips it out of my head. I have to say "be nice" like 50 times a day for this reason.
This is from Disneyland. We were waiting in line for Haunted Mansion and i snapped it. She had her pink silky bunny to comfort her on the rides except she has lost it since then. What a bummer!!


Here we are waiting in line to get our pictures taken for our passes. What a cute couple of gals if i do say so myself!! My mom is taking Monday off and we are going to Disneyland with her. It's going to be so fun.

This was taken at my Papa's 88th birthday at the beginning of the month. My Nana and Papa both had birthdays recently. She is 84 and he is 88. WOW. It makes me sad to see their condition lately. He is nearly blind and has a hard time walking around and my nana has gotten really bad arthritis in her back (almost over night) and she is now on tons of pain medicine and is walking with the help of a walker or cane. She has lost a lot of weight in such a short time. I know when you don't feel good, it is easy to skip meals, but she has lost so much that it is worrying the family a lot. It is so sad to see them getting older. I have such good memories of them. I used to spend many weeks a summer with them and when it would be time for me to go back home, i would call my mom and ask to stay another week. One time, i stayed a whole month because i didn't want to go home. I used to ride bikes with my Papa and bake cakes with my Nana. They had a huge garden in their back yard. i think their yard is a half an acre so in the middle was a huge garden with all sorts of veggies and fruits. I used to go out and help them plant the seeds during my spring break from school and then when i would come for the summer, i would see it grow and get to pick and eat everything all up. All around their garden were fruit trees and nut trees. They planted a tree for each of their family members. We had stakes put in the ground with our names on it in front of the tree. Mine was an apricot tree which i loved. i think my step moms was a pear and my dads was a fig. It was so fun. I learned a lot about gardening through them and some day when i own a big old house i would love to have a garden and some fruit trees. Nothing is better than fresh veggies and fruit! I am an excellent baker and i owe that to my Nana for letting me help her out in the kitchen. I make a mean chocolate cake! Anytime anyone has a birthday, i would be more than happy to make you a chocolate cake. the only condition is that i get to have a nice big piece of it!


Here is my dad and moma. He must be the proudest grandpa on earth. He always talks about her and thinks anything she does is the funniest thing ever. To be honest, i never really thought my dad and step mom would like a little baby, but they LOVE her so much and can't wait to see her and play with her. it's so much fun for me as a parent to watch some one love your kid as much as you do.





Here I am with moma. I snapped this one myself, but moma wouldn't cooperate too well. I still think it's a cute picture though.
That's all for the pictures. Today i am going to the beach with my family for a bonfire. my cousin is home from Iraq. He is in the army. So we are having a big welcome home party for him. I am excited to see him. Even though he was in a "safe zone" In Iraq, i still worried about him and it's such a relief for him to be home and safe. This was his second time there and i sure hope he doesn't go back again. So we are heading down to the beach later today after moma's nap.
My aunt is having me make chocolate suckers for her friend that is getting married. She is going to put them on the tables as favors. I am making blue roses and then sprinkling edible sparkly sugar on them. I did them for my grandma's 90th birthday and they turned out so pretty. she is going to pay me to make them for her friend and also give me a night of free babysitting!! yeah!! I will work on those during the week. Last night we got a baby sitter from the young women in the ward and dadi and i went out. We tried a new Chinese place and it was decent, but no yen chings which is our favorite Chinese (my fellow blogger mormishmom knows all about their delicious sizzling rice soup). After that, we went to Disneyland and we rode a couple of rides, but i wasn't feeling well so we came home early. We did get to ride California screamin' which made us happy. The last few times we had gone it was closed. So we finally got to ride it and i loved it. It's my favorite ride at California adventure. I think that's enough for today!! Sorry for the novel post. Hope your eyes aren't too tired!





4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thanks for the pics! As soon as I pulled up your page, Daniel yelled, "Hey, there's (Moma)!"

Jaime said...

So fun we were both at Disneyland last night. We had Superstar with us, but we just walked around a socialized mostly with our friends and their friends. Yum yum chinese!

Kyla Armstrong said...

I love the pictures! She's such a cutie! It's Yen Ching all the way baby!

Jaime said...

Love your chocolates, they're so delicious!!!