Friday, February 22, 2008

FINALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Okay, so I've finally returned to the blogging world. my computer has been dead for two weeks, but it's been revived. we had to get a new hard drive which was way less expensive than getting a whole new computer. best buy geeks are my heroes since they were able to recover all of our stuff including my pictures. i am so dang happy i could slap myself.
okay, so i went to the doctors on Tuesday and i do definitely have a hernia. my doctor said that i have to take it real slow and not lift anything until the baby is born. they will monitor me each month to see how the hernia is doing and see if it's getting bigger or more painful. i read some forums of some pregnant ladies that have gone through this and i guess it gets worse the bigger i get. they may take the baby early depending on how I'm doing towards the end. i guess it's pretty rare but it happens mostly in women that have either had a hernia before or if they had a big baby in their previous pregnancy. i have never had a hernia before so this is a first for me, but moma was a big baby (10 1/2 lbs) so that's probably why my muscles are so weak. so no lifting for me. it's going to be hard with moma since she is not even two yet and still needs to be lifted into her crib and car seat and things. she's so big for her age so that makes it even worse. when i told the doctor how tall she is and how much she weighs, she got a little nervous for me. she was like "DO NOT LIFT HER!!!" she weighs over 30 pounds (i think 33) and is 35 inches tall. she isn't fat or anything, she's proportioned to her height. she's just solid as a rock! so when dadi's not home, i still have to lift her. i told my relief society pres. about it and she offered me all the help i need. so if I'm ever having a bad day or just feel like I'm going to scream because i can't get my house clean, i can call her and she'll get some ladies over here to help me out. my BF said that i shouldn't be too proud to ask for help since i would want to help some one in my situation. right now, I'm doing okay, but i know that as the baby in my belly gets bigger, it's going to get harder for me. so right now, I'm just taking it easy and setting small goals for myself each day so that i don't overdo it. i have noticed that the days where i do too much activity are the days when my tummy hurts at night. it just feels sore and kind of burny. anyways, so my house is never going to be all clean all at once, but i will try and clean one room a day and do a load of laundry a day. i need to figure out the laundry thing since I'm not supposed to be lifting anything. i may need to have dadi take it outside for me in the morning and then I'll put it in the washer and dryer and then have him bring it in when he gets home from work. that could work out for us but it would take all day to do one load. hey whatever works right??
so tonight my mom is going to watch moma and dadi and i are going to see the movie jumper. i hope it's good. it looks like a good concept, but it depends on the way it's written and everything. we'll see. moma is going to spend the night at my moms house and then she's going to just stay there all day tomorrow until the late afternoon. i have my ultrasound appointment tomorrow with the doctor so it would be dumb for us to pick her up in the morning and then have to get a sitter for her again for the afternoon. I'm glad my mom can just take care of her for us. most of you reading this are like "how are you having an ultrasound on a Saturday?". my doctors office is open 7 days a week and even on weeknights so it's super convenient. they even have a pharmacy and a lab right there so you never have to go to five hundred different places. i love it. so i called the other day and they said that they actually had a Saturday appointment. i took it. it makes it so much easier for dadi to come. if we had done it during the week, we would have to schedule it around his work schedule and it's so random, it would have been a little hard to do. i'm excited to see the baby again on the ultrasound, but i may actually be more excited to be able to sleep in tomorrow morning and have a day with just me a dadi. sooooooo funnnnn!!!!!

5 comments:

Kyla Armstrong said...

Oh geez, having a hernia with a 2 year old and you might as well be on bed rest! They always need picked up for something. Please holler if you need help. CI - the aerobics teacher - had a hernia with her first baby (I think). I'll ask her if she has any advice. She might have had it come back with the 2nd. I'll find out. Have fun at the ultrasound. Isn't our office the best?

The Greathouse Family said...

I can always help if you need it. If you want, I can pick up your laundry and bring it back. Please let me know. I had to take it easy with my last pregnancy and I couldn't lift Charles- but he was 3 and that was hard! Good luck with that!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! I couldn't life Grant for those two weeks I was on bed rest/taking it easy and it wasn't that easy at all! I wish I were there! I would totally take moma for you! Grant would have so much fun with her! She is so cute! I could even clean & do laundry for you! We will keep you in our prayers!

Dana

The Ostlers said...

I'm sorry, that really sucks, wish we could be there to help. I had a rough pregnancy but I didn't have a 2 yr old to take care of! so you think they'll get the baby out early? I would be all over that! sorry, I didn't like being pregnant much. I love the baby but not those 9 months. are you still feeling sick?

The Ostlers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.