Sunday, July 6, 2008

12 days to go!!!!

Yep, that's right folks... only 12 days left until baby time. now of course i am hoping to go sooner than that, but the count down has begun and that makes me happy! at least i know the appointment is made with the hospital to be induced and get this guy out of me!! wooo hooo!!
I kind of freaked out this morning while i was in the shower getting ready for church. i was thinking about how i have a doctors appointment tomorrow and that they are going to strip my membranes. now, this didn't work with moma. i had it done four times and it never worked, but my body is so different this time and i am experiencing a lot of contractions. so while I'm not going to count on it, there is a possibility that it could put me into labor and that is why i freaked out. my house needs to be cleaned. It mostly needs to be picked up which is what i will spend all day tomorrow doing until my appointment at 3:45 in the afternoon. i need to tie up all those loose ends. i am going to have dadi come to the appointment with me and just play with moma in the waiting room. i remember how much cramping i had when they did this last time with moma and i wanted to have some extra support from him. especially so that i don't have to drive afterwards. he was in the room with me when they did it with moma those four times and he didn't like it one bit. he actually said it was worse for him than when i was giving birth. so this time, I'm going to let him wait in the waiting room and just play with moma while it's done. I'm not looking forward to it, but at the same time, i will do just about anything to get this guy out of me. the doctor told me that there are really only 3 things that have been proven to put a women into labor and those things are... stripping the membranes, having sex and nipple stimulation. all the other wives tales are bunk. so tomorrow i will get my membranes stripped, have sex and stimulate my nipples!! ha!! I'm sure you all wanted to know that!! like i said, i will do anything at this point.
Today we went to church. we showed up late and missed the sacrament so that wasn't good. later on during young women's, i was cooped up in the room with all the girls and leaders and i was so hot. i started to feel like i was going to pass out. so i left the room and went and got myself a drink from the fountain and i pulled a pack of crackers out of my purse and went and sat in the foyer and ate them. during my time in the foyer, i got to hear the beginning of the sacrament meeting for the singles ward which meets in our building. they started the sacrament and so i thought that since i had missed it, i might as well partake! i was out in the foyer with another girl who was a member of the singles ward. she was sitting across from me and i had the guy come over and give me the bread after her. she looked at me funny and so i explained that i had missed it earlier with my own ward so i might as well take it then. she said that was a good idea and then i rubbed my big pregnant belly and said "yeah, I'm a new member in the singles ward!!" and she started cracking up. it was so funny. could you imagine a 9 month pregnant lady in singles ward? that would be a little hard to explain!!
anyways, today was a nice day. i took a nap when moma did. that has become a daily thing for me. tomorrow i need to stay awake though so i can get the things done around the house just in case i do end up going into labor after all that membranes, sex and nipple stimulation!! ha!!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Okay, TMI!!!!! But seriously, stripping the membranes is way worse than labor. Good luck!

Vivian said...

I have to agree with the stripping the membranes being a horrible experience. I only had it done with my first and I refused with the subsequent pregnancies. Good luck and hope the baby comes sooner so I can get a chance to see him before I leave.

EvaMarieva said...

Nah not TMI-you are just honest. I told Greg that on Saturday that I love how you are so real and honest on your blog. Good Luck today!

The Greathouse Family said...

Hey! I hope that you have the baby soon! I keep thinking about how big it's getting!

Anyway, I really think you should have played up the single's ward thing more! You aren't wearing your ring, you are gorgeous, I'm sure some desperate guy would hit on you! But, wait- the bishop kind of knows who you are!

Kyla Armstrong said...

Yea for 12 days! Don't strip your membranes! Ouch! LOL