Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hernia Update

Well, yesterday was a mess as I'm sure you can tell from that post, but today is looking better in regards to my hernia surgery.
I've been on the phone all day long talking to every person from doctors to surgeons to office managers to insurance companies, etc and it looks like everything is going to work out. the surgeon is putting in the request for the surgery to my insurance company. once they get the authorization for it, I'm good to go and get it repaired. i just have to wait for the authorization and that's the tricky part. i have to call back tomorrow once they receive the request and ask them to expedite it so that i can have the surgery before everything expires. also, i have two different types of insurance right now. one is expiring at the end of this month and the other is expiring at the end of September. luckily, the surgery is covered under the one that expires in September so i have a whole month to get it done as long as all the insurance companies and doctors can get everything straight between the two of them. so keep your fingers crossed that everything will work out and i can finally be rid of this bulge!!

3 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

we are thinking of you and hope all works out.

EvaMarieva said...

we are thinking of you and hope all works out.

The Greathouse Family said...

Good luck with everything! I'm so glad that you worked it all out. It's scary enough to have surgery without the mess that insurance companies can cause! I'm glad you took control of the situation!