So last night we were laying in bed and mister studly turned to me and said "we need to call our neighbor in the morning to be sure we shut the garage". i panic because we have been famous for leaving the garage open lately. it's always when we drive places together because we get n the car and just start talking and drive away. so i grab the phone to call her first thing this morning but there is already a call from her. i see her name in the caller i.d. and i totally freak out!! I'm picturing our garage and house being completely cleaned out as i call her back. she tells me that yes... the garage door was left open. i told her we were out of town and that my sister was on her way to come over and shut it but to keep an eye out for our house since we will be gone for another week. my sister gets there and tells me that NOTHING was taken!! nothing. no tools, car, nothing. it would have been so easy to steal from since it was open for one full day and two full nights!! that's just crazy. i am so glad that nothing was taken. that would have put a real damper on our vacation.
i told mister studly that from now on, we have to be sure to shut the garage. we are going to make a big deal out of it when we leave the house to be sure we close it. it's just one of those things that's so automatic, you take it for granted. i told mister studly he has to say "i'm shutting the garage now!" when we're about to drive away. we're so lucky!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
You are so lucky! We forget sometimes at night to close ours and we've been lucky too! I shut the garage door on the cat when I was growing up and now I'm super scared about doing it so I have to watch the garage door close all the way now to make sure that my kitty doesn't get caught. Silly I know, but at least I know the door's shut! LOL
Post a Comment