Saturday, February 7, 2009

Stuff

I have some pictures to post but I'm lazy so I'll have to do it another time. Today my mom, sister, me and the kids went out to visit my grandma. she's a 91 year old spunky lady and she got a kick out of the kids. It was so perfect because it rained all day today but stopped for both our drive to her house and back. when we got to her house, it just started dumping buckets of rain like 5 minutes after going inside the house. then it started hailing!! that was cool. moma went out there and was picking up the little ice drops from the ground and playing with them til the melted in her hand. it was fun. she was a total maniac funny lady today. she really showed off for her great grandma and had us all laughing so much. she was dancing and singing and pretend baking birthday cakes and having us blow out the candles. she was so much fun and was in a great mood. I'm really hoping this good mood sticks around for awhile. she's been really doing well this last week. I'm really over the whole terrible two's thing.
so I've been losing weight and I'm pretty proud of myself. i can now officially remove my pants without unbuttoning or unzipping them which is both good and bad. bad because i don't own a belt to keep them up or have any other pants i can fit into quite yet (even though I've lost all the baby weight, my body just isn't the same and i don't fit into things i did before i got pregnant- lame!) so I'm at an in between phase right now. hopefully i will lose some more weight quickly so that i won't have to keep pulling my pants up. it's good though because i am losing weight and that makes me happy.
i made bread from scratch the other day. i usually just make it in my bread machine, but i actually made it by hand and it turned out pretty good. i made it so moma could have some pb&j sandwiches. i hardly ever buy bread any more. she's the only one that eats it so i usually will have to freeze it. this way, i make it every couple of weeks, freeze one loaf and keep one loaf out and then we're good on bread for awhile. I'm such a domesticated woman. what's up with that?? i bake bread, i sew, I'm a stay at home mom! what the??? anyways, the kids are doing good. thumper is almost sitting up on his own. he's still sort of wobbly. but he's learning. he just finally rolled over like three weeks ago. moma was the same way so I'm not worried about it. i think it's funny how the doctors are so freaked out if kids don't do things by a certain time. like if they're not rolling over by 4 months, something might be wrong with them. luckily, i learned with moma that kids do things on their own time and most of the time, it doesn't mean that anything is wrong with them. also, i have a friend who's kids don't walk til they're like 20 months and so she helped to calm me down when i was freaked when moma wasn't doing those things "on time". really it was just the rolling over and sitting up that moma was behind on. i just hate going to the doctors office and they're like "Are they rolling over yet????" and i'm like "NOOOOOOOOO" and then they give you this look and say "more tummy time mom!!!" i feel like smacking my unwed childless doctor upside the head and saying "just wait til you have kids lady!!" anyways, we all know that my kids are perfect little geniuses anyways, so there's not point in all this jibber jabber.
I've got church tomorrow. I'm hoping to make it there. it's been like a month. i was out two weeks with my crazy leg issues, then mister studly was sick and i didn't feel like tackling the kids by myself. now this week, i am still sick and moma had the sniffles all day today so I'm worried she's going to wake up sick and I'll be home another week from church! sheesh. this cold has kicked our butts over here. mister studly started with it, then he gave it to me, i gave it to thumper and now i think moma is getting it too. what a pain!!!
my bro in law "r" is doing much better. he is out of icu and in his own room now which is great. he's coherent now so that's good too. he was slightly confused at why so many days had passed after his surgery. they had to explain to him that he had been having some issues and they kept him under for awhile. crazy!! glad he is doing better. he might be able to go home in a few days. they haven't fed him real food yet though. so once they start feeding him real food, they will make sure he can process it correctly and that his insulin levels are good. then he can go home. all he's had is jello and IV fluids for the last 9 days.
well..... that's it around here. hope everyone is having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I know. The doctors and everybody else with kids older than yours are like, they're not doing that yet? I think they forget every kid is different! Like my mom always says, Don't worry, they're all potty-trained by the time they go to college! And yeah, we're home again this week from church too with a sick baby this time. It was Jeremy last time. I haven't missed this much church since I was sicko pregnant lady!

EvaMarieva said...

great news on your b-i-l. I have noticed over the years that each baby/child is so different and short of some drastic delays they all develope at the pace they need to for themselve. Thumper is just one cool kid!

FYI-looks like someone has taken over our old http address. you can get our new one by clicking on my profile.