Friday, March 6, 2009

Pants Size vs. Weight

So, if you haven't noticed, i lost two more pounds this week. I seem to notice a trend in my weight loss. I will sort of fluctuate for a bit around a certain number and get frustrated then at the end of the week, i will just drop two or three pounds over night. now if i could just figure out how to drop 2 or 3 pounds EVERY night!! that would be great. Anyways, with these last couple pounds, i have reached another milestone. i set up goals that I would get excited about. you know like i weighed over two hundred lbs so when i hit 199 that was very exciting. then when i hit 197 it was another milestone because that's how much i weighed when i got pregnant with baby g. the next mile stone i gave to myself was 189 and then 179, etc. it goes on from there until i get to 155 then i will probably just see how i feel and if i feel like losing more, i will probably set five pound goals. Anyways, so i hit the 189 mark today. That's awesome! I'm very excited. the totally weird thing about weight vs. pant size is that even though i weigh less (by 8 lbs) than when i got pregnant with baby g, i still can't quite get into the pants i wore with him. well... i take that back, i can get into them, but they don't fit the same. another five or so lbs and they will probably fit right. anyways, i just think it's weird how child birth does change most women's bodies. my hips did get bigger with this pregnancy and now i have that disgusting pizza dough belly flap way worse than when i had moma. If you've ever seen the movie click where adam sandler loses all that weight and then plays with his belly flap, that's totally me! it's gross. i remember right before i got pregnant with baby g, i said to mister studly "look, my belly flap is almost flat again" so it took two years to get back it's elasticity. I'm wondering how many years it will take this time? anyways, i think i'm going to wear a girdle like Beth Chapman. (dog the bounty hunters wife) of course, i don't want to have her torpedo boobs though. those things could poke an eye out. and if you have no idea who Beth Chapman is or dog the bounty hunter, please, i beg you to watch the show. they are so hysterical. so if i do end up wearing a girdle and getting torpedo boobs, maybe I'll just complete the whole look and dye my hair platinum blond, wear all black and have bright pink fluorescent long fake claws. now that would look fantastic!!

edited: Anybody recognize this place?? we just HAD to go there a few years ago when we went to hawaii........
Yep, it's Dog the Bounty Hunters parking lot. You see this often on the show. There were people inside and we could hear them but we were too chicken to go in and ask to take pictures. We didn't want to bug them. Well, we WANTED to bug them, but we were big fat chickens about it. Maybe some day!

6 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

I am laughing so hard-take a picture when beth 2.0 debuts!

The Greathouse Family said...

You crack me up!! You can make me laugh anytime- even when I'm in the worst of moods! I totally want to buy you a torpedo bra! Lori Kretchmer loves Dog the Bounty Hunter, too and I told her that she and Jeff need to dress up for Halloween. You guys should too and then we could vote on which couple looks better! That would be sooo funny!

PS- Good job on the weight loss! You're looking so good! And, I missed you at Chuck E's today. :(

Mindy said...

You crack me up too! I had just started my weight loss journey and then I get knocked up. You are doing so good and so is Jamie. She just keeps working harder because she knows I'm going the other way and she wants to look way hotter than me when she's holding my baby!!! That flap is still haunting me and my oldest is 17. Good luck and thanks for the laugh!!

Cory said...

we'll all have to go in for plastic surgery full body make overs when we're done having kids.

Kyla Armstrong said...

I'm so proud of you! I feel like I can't do it and I'm getting frustrated. I keep fluctuating between the same four pounds. Bugger! You're my inspiration right now.

XYZinn said...

Hey, was this when we were with you guys? I didn't know Beth wore a girdle? HOw can you tell? I mean, her boobs are freakin' huge and whenever I watch the show I can't get over them! What is wrong with Ronnie? Is he okay now? Maybe you should just email me since I have all these questions. :) I have not been looking at any blogs for a while, so I am trying to catch up. There is just too much with blogs and facebook.