Moma was drinking one of those yogurt smoothies when I hard a big "AHHHHH!" come from right behind me. I turn around to see that she has spilled the smoothie all over her face. I guess she tried to chug it but it didn't work. I started laughing and quickly grabbed the camera. Funny girl!!I cleaned the house yesterday and got ready to have some guests over for dinner. There were 12 of us here. I made dinner for everyone. I didn't want to go to the store so I just used what I had available in the house for dinner. It worked out great. We had three different kinds of meat loaf (turkey, beef and tukery and beef mixed together!) we also had a salad and some rice and grapes and I made homemade fresh rolls. Yum! Aunt and Uncle "A" were here along with my brother and sister in law and their kids. I thought I was supposed to feed the missionaries too but they never showed. Maybe I got my days confused!
Yesterday I also spent a lot of time staining the wood for our deck Mister Studly is building. My back was a little sore by the end of the night. I have a lot more staining to do today!! Fun. I'm excited to have a new deck. We rent from my mom and she just could not stand to have her grandkids not have a nice back yard to play in so she is paying for a new deck and Mister Studly is doing all the work (along with my help- in the staining department). He built my moms deck for her so he has experience. He's really handy and jumps at the chance to use any of his tools. Even waking up at 5:30 so he could be at home depot when it opened to pick up all the wood.
Below are the before pictures of the deck. It will be much bigger than the existing one and go all the way to the wall of the garage. I'm excited to have it set up like a little play area for the kids just in time for summer. I want to eventually get a small table and chairs and be able to eat dinner out there. Miser Studly also found one of those plastic outdoor storage bins (looks like a toy box) and so we can put all the kids stuff in there to play with. It will be great! I'm very excited to have a nicer space out there for all my plants and for the kids to escape to where I don't have to be out there right on top of them like I do if we play out front.

Anyways, that's it for today. I have to take Moma to the doctors again today. I'm hoping this will be her last appointment to check the healing of her incision. It looks great and she's almost done with her medicine so I'm hoping we're all done. 





1 comment:
Good job on the BOM reading. You guys are doing great! The back yard is gonna be great. I think it's fun to make stuff with your husband. Just in time for summer YEAH!
Post a Comment