Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm happy

This is kind of weird post to be "happy" about but I really am. I decided that for my cousins memorial on Saturday, I would set up some type of table where people could write a little something about Jill or a message for the family and then I would make a scrapbook out of it. Well, I was not really "feeling" this idea. Like, it sounded good and all but I was feeling like it might not go over as well as I wanted it to. So today I went to Michael's to get the stuff. I was walking around trying to figure out what I wanted to do when I saw some stones inside a bag and I thought "how cool would that be!" So i bought a few bags of the river rock stones in a black color and a white color and then I bought a big clear vase and some paint pens. I am going to set up a table where everyone can write whatever they want about Jill, or draw a picture or at least just write their own initials or name. I made some today to set up as "examples". I made four of them. here's what i did...
Rock #1- "Tough yet Sweet"
Rock #2- "Stubborn"
Rock #3- I drew a red Heart
Rock #4- I drew a picture of her truck. Her truck was her baby.

So that's what I decided to do. I really think she would have liked that idea better than a scrapbook. That is why I am happy. Then my aunt and uncle can keep it in their home.

3 comments:

Ronda said...

That's so cool!

Vanessa said...

That is a really cool idea! I like it a lot. You do so much all the time- I don't know how you have the energy.

Jaime said...

Great Idea! Like conversation heart stones.