Yesterday we had a party for Moma's 3rd birthday. It was a fun day. The wind was horrible and tried to blow everything away but for the most part, it was a nice day. Moma had a good time. She got a little embarrassed when we were singing to her, but it was cute. I think she was a little overwhelmed by everything. Everyone kept wanting to say "hi" to the birthday girl, but she kept running away and playing at the park with her friends.
Here's some pictures from the day.....
We had to assign people to sit next to the canopy and hold on so it would not blow away. Thanks to JJ and Mister Studly for making sure it didn't blow over and kill some one!!
Here's the cakes I made.
Here's moma with her friend from church. Moma was supposed to wear a princess crown with a number "3" on it and wave a wand, but she wouldn't leave it on for more than two seconds.oh well!!
A goofy picture of me.
Cutting the cake.
Opening presents! She got lots of them!
She was mobbed by all the kids trying to "help" her open the presents. It was funny. I remember those days from when I was a kid.
After cake and presents we had a pinata. It was a princess castle (i didn't seem to get a picture of it!!). It was a weird pinata. It was called a pull string. There were a bunch of ribbons hanging from the pinata and each kid had a turn to choose one ribbon and pull. Only one of the strings pulled the bottom out of the pinata and released all the candy. We were about five or six kids in when Moma's friend pulled the correct string to release the candy. Side note: At first when we bought the pinata, we didn't realize it was a pull string one. When we got home, I was filling it when I saw instructions about the pull string thingy. I was pretty bummed. I wanted the kids to whack it with a stick!! But after I thought about it, I remembered that Moma was at a party a few months ago and would not even try to whack the pinata. She was too shy I guess. So I figured the pull string one would do. I don't think I could have taken it back since she liked it so much anyways.
I was mobbed by the kids during the fight over the candy and I somehow managed to lose a shoe and almost fall on my bum trying to escape. It was a scary moment!
A family picture. The wind was crazy!!!
After the guests left, Moma and Auntie played at the park. She liked to slide down the poll.
Wheeeeee!!!
Here's my mom grabbing Auntie's bum. Okay, not really. But her cell phone was in her back pocket and my mom was trying to keep it in there. So here's Auntie. She was the biggest kid at the party!!
I was mobbed by the kids during the fight over the candy and I somehow managed to lose a shoe and almost fall on my bum trying to escape. It was a scary moment!
A family picture. The wind was crazy!!!
After the guests left, Moma and Auntie played at the park. She liked to slide down the poll.
Wheeeeee!!!
Here's my mom grabbing Auntie's bum. Okay, not really. But her cell phone was in her back pocket and my mom was trying to keep it in there. So here's Auntie. She was the biggest kid at the party!! Seriously I have to give a shout out to my sis. She was so awesome helping with everything. She helped with Moma when she was opening the presents and took pictures when I needed her to and kept the kids occupied while we were setting up and taking down the party. She was great! So thanks to Auntie for all the help. I don't think I could have been as patient with all those kids clawing at the presents. She was so helpful!
After the party, We headed over to Disneyland. We left Mister Studly in the parking garage with Baby "G" and me and Moma ran to get her a pass. Now that she's three, we have to pay!!! What the heck man?? So my mom and her boyfriend, gave some money to us for her pass as a birthday present. We had to go and get it on her actual birthday because they allow you to enter the park free on your birthday or have the amount of the ticket deducted from an annual pass. So the pass ended up being 59 bucks cheaper if we went on that day. It took us an hour to get. The line to buy the tickets was so dang long. I wasn't too happy about that but at least we got the pass. Yay!! After that, we went over to my moms house and had dinner with my mom, sister, my moms boyfriend and my aunt and uncle that had come to the party earlier. We ate at red robin and I asked the server if he could sing to Moma. They all sang to her and gave her an ice cream sundae. It was so funny. She was a little confused. They walk up to the table clapping and stuff. Then they sing and hand her the treat and she was just like "HUH??" After that she kept looking around for the servers that sang to her while she was eating the sundae. It was kind of like she was afraid they were going to come back. I'm not sure why she would be so nervous. Maybe she didn't want them to sing to her again. Or maybe, she thought they were going to take away her dessert?? I don't know.
We had a really fun day. I am so sore today. I have no idea why. Maybe just from being so busy and everything. Anyways, my little girly is 3 now. Crazy!!
Thanks to everyone for coming to the party. Moma had a great time!






3 comments:
Sounds like a way fun birthday for her. We sure do a lot for our kids!
I need your bejeweled secret. There must be a trick. You are way too awesome at it!!!
Happy Birthday Moma. I still remember seeing her first pic u guys sent via text!
Oh, nice cleavage! Hubba hubba!
Post a Comment