Wednesday, April 22, 2009

To grandmothers house we go....

Yesterday, my mom, the kids and I went to my grandmas house. She is 91 years old and going to be 92 in June. We had a nice day. We packed a lunch and went out there for a visit. She got a kick out of the kids. The highlight of the day was arguing with her about how old she was. She's starting to get confused. She kept saying she was 93. My mom and I kept tell her she was 91 and going to be 92 in June. She kept saying she was 93. We got a piece of paper and did the math from the year she was born. She still didn't believe us. When she would start to look like she was understanding it, we would ask "Grandma, how old are you?" and she would say "93!" It went on like this for a half hour. Nothing we could say or prove to her would make her understand. Then we started asking her how old she would be in June on her birthday and she would say "93!" So it would go like this....
Me: "Grandma, how old are you?"
Her: "93!"
Me: Grandma, how old will you be on your birthday in June?"
Her: "93!!"
Me: "Grandma, that doesn't make sense. You're not going to be 93 for another year."
Her: "Well, I've been telling everyone that I'm 93!!"
Me: "Well, just keep telling them that, but do it for the next two years and you'll be good!"
Her: "Okay"

She's a crack up. She bowled a 196 last week. Not bad for a 91 (not 93) year old woman.
Anyways, after that, my mom and I came back to her house and put the kids down for naps. Then when my sister got home from work, we had her watch them while we headed out to Old Navy. My mom wanted to buy me a couple things for our trip to Hawaii in two weeks and of course i didn't argue! I got three shirts and two skirts. I love the skirts. they are so comfy. Now all I need is a bathing suit. I tried on a couple, but they weren't giving me enough support in the boobage area. I need to try and find something soon.
Anyways, this week, I am just getting everything ready for a party for Moma on saturday. My little girl will be 3 years old!! WOW! We're having a party at the park with mostly family and then a couple of her little girl friends from church. I'm making the cake. She says she wants a purple cake. So I'm dying the cake batter and the frosting purple! Yay! Anyways, that's all around here. Just been busy getting everything ready for the party and for our trip to Hawaii in two week. I'm really going to miss the kids, but I will be happy to have a break and be with Mister Studly all by ourselves too. That will be nice. Last night, I was really tired and I told Mister Studly how I couldn't wait until 7:00 so the kids could go to bed. He just reminded me that we would be in Hawaii soon and that we could do whatever we want whenever we want and I got all excited!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Purple is my favorite color too. That's awesome to have such an active grandma. She must be so adorable. I am so jealous of Hawaii. How do you afford to go every year?? I can't afford to go ANYWHERE!!