Monday, May 4, 2009

BIG FAT BUMMER!!!

I just found out that Moma is allergic to more than just eggs (which we have known about for a couple years) She is allergic to.... Eggs, Milk, Soy, Wheat and Cats and Dogs.
Her worst allergy is Cats which was a level 4 on a 1-5 scale. I'm really bummed about all these allergies. I was hoping she would just have the egg allergy. I mean, that's a lot of the basic stuff you eat. It seems like I will be doing A LOT of cooking for her meals. No more convenience type foods. SO many things have wheat and soy in them now days. I have a lot of reading up to do. NOT FUN!!!!

3 comments:

Kyla Armstrong said...

I'm so sorry! At least she doesn't have a peanut allergy. Trying to think of something happy for you:)

Jaime said...

Aaaah, major pain in the butt. My niece has all those crazy allergies too and her mom's got her on goat's milk or almond milk and other special foods. You might want to try one of those whole foods markets, or granola stores like that. They carry lots of stuff for people avoiding certain ingredients. Good luck! Oh and my sister was allergic to wheat when she was little and we used to grind up rice and use that flour instead for her. At least you get a little breather for the next week to relax! Live it up!

Mindy said...

Yikes not fun for sure. That is going to be a lot of work. I guess research will be your best bet and getting used to what she can eat. That bites!