Saturday, May 16, 2009

Vacation Pics: Part 1

Okay... Here's some pictures from our first day of our super awesome vacation.
Here we are on the plane flying over to Oahu. It was a super good flight. Usually I get motion sickness and feel pretty crappy, but we did not have one single bit of turbulence. YAY!! We also got lucky and were able to sit in the emergency exit rows which meant more leg room and no one in front of us leaning their chairs back into our laps and also, because the rows were three seats across but the exit row was 2 seats, we just got to sit next to each other and snuggle and watch the movie with just the two of us. I hate sitting next to people on planes!! So we lucked out there. It was the perfect start to our vacation. No motion sickness and lucky seating arrangements. What more could a girl ask for??

We received a lei greeting at the airport which we had never done before but since this was our "BIG" trip celebrating our ten year anniversary, we decided to be greeted with lei's to get us in the Hawaiian mood.

After we got our car and headed up to the North Shore, we stopped ad got some lunch at a shrimp truck. It took forever (like everything does on Hawaiian Time) and so Mister Studly started acting sort of funny. Like he was in a hurry or something. I didn't know what the deal was but he eventually told me that we would need to scarf our food because he had a surprise for me. He said he wanted to start out our vacation right and do something "romantic" since I always tease him about not being romantic. Well, come to find out, he had booked a seaside couples massage!!!! I just about died. I was so happy. Did I mention it was an 80 minute massage?? 80 minutes!!! I was seriously the happiest girl in the world at that moment. So the picture above is the little seaside hut we were in getting our couple massage. It was awesome!!

Here is the view from the hut. It was so nice to get a massage with Mister Studly. I loved it. We had a great time and it was a wonderful way to start of our vacation.
Side Note: Those of you that are missing me terribly are going to have to miss me a little longer. Mister Studly seems to have come down with a case of Shingles which means that baby G will most likely get chicken pox (or Chickie pops as Moma calls them). We're staying home from church and waiting it out to see if Baby G ends up getting them (Moma has the vaccination but Baby G does not yet). Hopefully we were away during the "contagious" part and he won't get them but only time will tell.
2nd Side Note: Shingles is caused from the chicken pox virus. After you have chicken pox, it goes dormant in your body but as an adult, if you become stressed or whatever, you can get them. It isn't contagious. Meaning, you can't give shingles to some one else, so I will not get them. But, if you have never had chicken pox, then it is contagious and will give you chicken pox. So because there are little babies at church that have not had the chicken pox vaccine yet (you can't get it til 1 year of age) We are staying home from church in order to not spread "Chickie pops" to any unsuspecting individuals. We're playing it safe because Mister Studly probably is not contagious any more but if Baby G is going to get them, he might be contagious by this point. Better to be safe than sorry. Don't miss me too much. I know you'll survive a few more days with out seeing my lovely face. At least there's facebook and blogs right??

2 comments:

danakay said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh, I hope he doesn't get them but it does give them a better immunity against the pox if they actually contract them instead of just the vaccine but just the same thanks for not sharing!