Monday, May 18, 2009

Vacation Pics: Part 3

On our third day we had this special pass that we paid for that allowed us to enter in to a bunch of different parks/museums/tours. We had the pass for two days and tried to take advantage of that. First we went to the Bishop museum and took a couple of guided tours of that. That was fun but sort of rushed because we wanted to try and get the most out of the day in order to make the pass we bought worth our while. After the Bishop Museum, we went to the Iolani Palace. You can't take pictures inside, but we were able to do a guided tour of that as well which was nice. The only thing about that is that we just had watched something on the History Channel about the Palace so we basically knew everything already and just wanted to see the stuff and go to our next thing.
After the museum and the palace, we went to the water park. That was pretty fun actually. I haven't been to water park since I was a kid (I think 14) so I had a lot of fun! Here's Mister Studly carrying our floaty up to the top of a scary ride called the tornado. That was super fun!
Me on the lazy river or whatever it's called in Hawaii.

The wave pool

Mister Studly getting ready for the waves to start.

That was a fun day for us. I loved the water park. That was the highlight of the day for me. I'm more of an adventure/have fun type of girl. Museums and stuff are kind of boring. I know I "should" care about them, but I honestly don't care very much.
Side Note: Last night we had an earthquake. It was a little scary. We've had quite a few that we can actually feel lately. It had been years since I've felt an earthquake but in the last 10 months, I have felt 4 of them and they were pretty decent size shakers. I could hear it before I could feel it but once I realized that it wasn't just a big truck going by, I jumped up and said "Earthquake! We've got to get the kids" I just wanted to grab them in case it was the "BIG" one that they keep talking about. Because I have felt so many lately, my first thought was "Oh crap. This is the one!!" Normally, I'm not as freaked out but since there seems to be an increase in the bigger shakers, I thought this was it!!! LOL! So both of us jumped up and I was in the front. I took the stairs four at a time and was upstairs and about to grab the kids when it slowed down and stopped. Moma woke up and said to Mister Studly "Daddy, why are you shaking my bed??" He said "I didn't shake your bed, it was the ground shaking. Sometimes that happens." She said "No, daddy, YOU were shaking my bed!! Don't do that again okay??"
It was funny.

1 comment:

danakay said...

I love all the pictures! Keep em coming! And I'm so glad you guys are okay!