Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Backyard Camping: Sort of.....

Saturday afternoon, I came home from visiting my friend and her new baby to find our tent all set up in the back yard. We have been talking about doing this for awhile now so it was a nice surprise to find it all set up and ready to go, which meant that I didn't have to do any work! Yay!!
The picture is a bit blurry, Sorry about that, but here is the tent...

Here we are in the "ghetto" side of our yard. One side is all nice and beautiful with a big nice deck that Mister Studly built and the other side is a ghetto mess that needs to be worked on. (some day)

So here we are after eating our yummy hot dogs and potato salad, etc. We cooked everything out on our camping stove.

Then we had S'mores!! I let Moma have one even though she is allergic to the cracker. It doesn't affect her too much if she has a little bit here and there. Her allergy is not very severe. I limit it, but I let her splurge every so often.

After this, we headed inside the tent. We put Baby G down early and he conked right out. Then we waited for him to be good and asleep while we told stories with each other sitting around the outside of the tent. Then we headed to bed. It was about 9:00 at this time. We were all pretty tired. So we put Moma in her bed and told her to be really quiet as to not wake up her brother. Then we went and laid down on our side of the tent. Everything was all quiet except the rustling of a little girl in her sleeping bag and the neighbors three doors down speaking in a foreign language at the top of their lungs and another neighbor lighting off an m-80 which scared the ever lovin' poop out of me. I turned to Mister Studly and said "I give this til midnight" He said "What? " I said "I say that by midnight, we are all fast asleep in our own beds inside the house" Sure enough about 15 minutes later we hear a big, completely pitiful, slightly adorable, sob coming from the other side of the tent. I asked Moma what was wrong and she said "I don't like this!! I want to go inside!" So that's where we all ended up.... at 9:30... nice and snug in our beds. I think if we had actually been camping somewhere it would have been better and she could have done it. But the neighbors being loud, the m-80's, etc, we just weren't having it.

The next morning, we woke up and headed back out to the tent. We relaxed in there for bit "pretending" like we had camped out the night before. Then we ate breakfast outside again on our camping stove. It was a really fun experience even though it didn't turn out the way we had thought.

No comments: