Well...... Mister Studly has been gone this week. He gets back Monday. I can't wait. I miss him. I have to watch the shop when he's gone and up until today I was handling it well. Today sucked. By about 9:30 am, I was over it. To start off, I was late, a customer was waiting for me, I go to strap Baby G in the stroller so I can help him and the stroller has been attacked by ants. So I have to carry him while trying to help the customer while both my kids are still wearing pajamas and I looked like I had been hit by a train because I didn't even have time to brush my hair (I was wearing a hat). The customer actually said "I can just come back another time" I was thinking you just waited outside the shop for 15 minutes....you're getting these bolts! I clean up the ant situation and then Moma decides she's going to pull out a step stool and it collapses under her pinching her finger and cutting it causing it to swell. She starts crying about how she has to go to the "hos-a-pull" and that she misses her daddy. Then I get a call from our best client that needs an emergency delivery. Yikes! Okay so here's the part about men being pigs..... I realize that some men are pigs and still think that women are incompetent morons, but I never really get to see that in action... unless I'm at the shop. 90% (no exaggeration) of the men that come into the shop see that I am a woman and get annoyed and say really "strange" things. First of all... I will admit that I have NO IDEA what I'm doing most of the time there. To give you an idea... a man will walk in, hand me a bolt/screw/whatever and say "I don't know what this is, but I need 5 of them" So I have to figure it out, size it, hunt for it, etc. So I admit I have no idea what I'm doing but do the men that come in the store have to automatically assume that just because I am a woman I don't know what I'm doing?? This happens all the time. Today, a man walked in, saw that it was me and said "Oh boy!!! Where's Mister Studly??" I said. "He's out of town. What did you need?" then he says "Oh, well.... we're going to have a hard time at this because I don't know what this is or what size it is. When will Mister Studly be back??" I ask him to hand it over and for the first time of the day, I got totally lucky and knew exactly what it was, went and got them, counted them out, and handed them over. He was totally impressed and while I was proud of myself for actually knowing what it was, I was annoyed that the guy came in with that kind of attitude assuming I would not know how to help him. Then about 10 minutes later a guy calls me and says that he needs us to send him the bill for some bolts he had gotten earlier in the day. I told him that Mister Studly would be in on Tuesday morning and send that over to him. Then he said "Well.. if he's out of town... then who ordered my bolts for me today??" I said "I did" and he said... no joke.... "WOW!!! Good job SWEETHEART!" ummm.... hello???... "Sweetheart"?? ...."Wow"???..... Do I really sound like I am that big of an idiot that I can't press a button and order some bolts?? Why did he have to act so dang surprised??? Anyways, today kind of sucked and I'm really ready for Mister Studly to come home. I totally jinxed myself because I was talking to my friend "J" yesterday telling her how everything was going just fine and I was handling it well and blah blah blah. Then today... all heck brakes loose. I only have to watch the shop one more day and then Mister Studly will be back. I cannot wait! He seriously owes me big time. Yeah buddy... have fun camping and fishing and relaxing because after the day I had today, you and in for it when you get home!!!
LOL okay really.... I am happy for him to be able to have a break. He works hard for us and he does deserve a break and he's a really good husband and father. I am very lucky to have him. I just had a rough day today and wanted to vent a little bit. If you see him, be sure to tell him what a wonderful wife he has. I always tell him how wonderful I am but maybe if he heard it from other people, he would believe it more.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
You're awesome!
You're awesome!
You're awesome!
Jamie must really think you are awesome. . .
Sorry I didn't pick up. I was napping- trying to catch up from lack of sleep from Coral being up all night due to croup! I hate croup.
Post a Comment