Monday, November 16, 2009

First Day of School

Moma started preschool today! I wasn't going to put her in preschool this year but every single kid from our play dates went to school this year so we were left with no one to entertain us. I think Moma was getting pretty sick of me. So after a couple months of searching and checking into schools, we found one for her that is reasonably priced and she started today. It's a new program and everything in the classroom is brand new!!
Here she is all ready to head out the door for her first day. She barely slept last night because she was so excited!
Showing off her new back pack!
We got there a bit early because I wanted to introduce myself to the teacher and make sure Moma had some time with us there to get used to the place. We walk in and start talking to the teacher. Moma was not shy one bit. She asked if she could go play. I said go ahead and she was off. I talked with the teacher a bit and she seems really sweet. After a few minutes, it was time to go so I called over to Moma who was already playing and making friends and said we were leaving and that I would be back later to pick her up. She barely paid any attention to me. For all she knew, I was leaving her there for the rest of her life. She didn't even care!! She was just like "yeah, sure.... mom... whatever..." and ran off to play again. So I left and went to the gym. There's a story there, but I'll get to that in a sec. So after the gym, I went grocery shopping and let me tell you.... it was so nice to have the break!! I mean I accomplished so much today with just getting up early getting kids fed and dressed and heading out the door. It was so great. I think I'm really going to like this preschool stuff. I forgot how easy it is to just have one kid. I ran all my errands and then swung by to pick Moma up from school. It was awesome!! So I get to the school and I'm a bit early. I sit in the car and wait for her to come out. Eventually she comes out walking in a straight line with the rest of the kids. I sign her out and she doesn't want to leave. She gets super sad when the other kids leave one by one and get into their cars. She kept saying "where's "so and so" going??" and stuff like that. I had to tell her that the day was done but that she would be back again in a few days. She ran over (without me telling her to) and gave her teacher a big hug. It was so sweet! Anyways, I was really apprehensive about sending her to preschool so early but after today, I am just super excited for her and I know she's having a blast. The teacher sends home a packet every day with the kids that talks about their day and it's a place where I can write and ask questions as well. Today it said that Moma had a great day and adjusted just perfectly! Yay!!!
Okay now on to the gym story. So I've been going to the gym on and off lately but it's really hard for me to go in the late afternoon or evenings because by the time Mister Studly gets home, I'm just ready to relax and call it a day and be a family. I'm not an early riser so waking up at the butt crack if dawn isn't in the cards for me. I take that back.. I am an early riser, but it's not by choice. Moma is my alarm clock and wakes up every morning at six thirty by practically jumping on my head. After she wakes me up it still takes me about two hours to be fully awake. So getting up super early and going to the gym is not something that I would ever do. I asked Mister Studly the other day if he would watch Baby G while I went to the gym three days a week while Moma a was in school. He said yep! So this morning was my first day. He took Baby G to work with him and I took off for the gym after dropping Moma off at school. I get there and everything is fine. I'm doing pretty good and really pushing myself. About a half hour into it, I get hit with a giant wave of nausea and I got super light headed and start feeling like I'm going to faint. I slowed down and tried to see if the feeling would pass. It didn't so I got off the machine, made sure I could walk without passing out and went and sat down in the locker room for awhile. Like I said, I never work out that early in the morning and I don't have a good routine down yet. The most important thing about working out in the morning is to be sure you have something light to eat and drink some water. I totally forgot to do either of those things and so a half hour into my work out, it hit me. From now on, I will definitely be eating something in the morning before I go. I am so glad I didn't keep going.Ii would have been passed out on the floor of the gym for sure and every one would have said "Whoa... the fat girl can't handle it!!" and I would have been so embarrassed and never returned.

1 comment:

The Greathouse Family said...

I am so happy that your girl loved preschool!! That is so wonderful! She looks so cute in her pictures!

Your gym story is so scary. I'm glad you are okay!!