Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Moon and Week In Review...

This week was really busy. Moma started preschool. She absolutely loves it and has to give her teacher five thousands hugs before she leaves. She is adjusting really well and I'm enjoying the time to run errands and do all sorts of stuff with just one kid in tow verses two. I forgot how easy having only one kid is!!

Tuesday night was bunco and we had a blast. I didn't win anything but had so much fun screaming "gobble gobble" every time we rolled three of a kind!

Thursday was the New Moon premiere. A few of us got tickets to the midnight showing and we had such fun. We made shirts that said "bite me" and wore red in honor of that scene in Volterra where they are all wearing red. I even dyed a red streak in my hair.
We got in line at about 9:30 after eating a late dinner. The time just flew while we were in line.
On friday night, I went to New Moon again with my mom and sister. We had dinner first then headed over and got in line. I think it was even better the second time around!
On Saturday I had to wake up early and make cupcakes for a client. I had my very first delivery disaster and I was so upset. I nearly cried.
I made these...

for a baby shower for a friend of a friend. This was my first client where I didn't know any one. It was pretty scary. I finished the cupcakes and they looked great. I headed out and drove slowly like I always do when delivering cakes and didn't hit the brakes too much but when I got to the party to set up, I opened the box and almost had a heart attack. About 10 out of the 40 cupcakes had frosting issues. The frosting was sliding off. The cake was just too moist I think. I didn't frost them while warm or anything. I know better. I made pumpkin cupcakes for my very first time ever. I think they were just too moist or something because the frosting just slid off. I was devastated! i worked very hard on these and to see them die like that was frustrating. I tried to repair as best as I could but I had to face it that some of them were complete goners. I apologized to the client and for the most part she was understanding but I could see the disappointment in her face. It didn't help things that I was on a tight schedule. I needed to deliver the cupcakes at 11:00 and then come back and pick up Moma at 12:20 to head out to see a play with my mom and sister. Because I had to repair the cupcakes, that ate into my time. I ended up just coming home, and picking up Moma and heading out. I was wanting to eat lunch but couldn't. We got to the play and were literally sitting down in our seats when the lights went dim. Perfect timing! I thought we were going to be so late. Moma really enjoyed the play and has been singing the songs all day! The private school where my sister teaches put on a double feature of Aladdin and Sleeping Beauty. It was really cute and I was surprised at some of the talent these kids had. They ranged from 8-16. They did a great job!
Today we woke up to all of us being sick with different things. I have a migraine, Mister Studly has stomach issues and Moma was coughing and complaining of stomach issues earlier but seems to be doing better now.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Oh girlfriend! That is so stinky! I would have totally cried right then and there! I bet they were so yummy though that all was forgotten as soon as they tasted them! You're just starting and the response has been so great that it will be awesome! I bet if you looked on the internet you could find lots of cake horror stories to make you laugh. It's the cake disaster, you can google it, hahaha! Love Edward.