Monday, May 24, 2010

LOST Finale.. Spoiler Alert....

Okay so last night I stayed up for 5 hours watching LOST. We watched the recap and cast interviews and then then the finale and even the news after the show.

I have to say that while I think everything tied itself together nicely and "makes sense" I am pretty disappointed right now. You see.... I'm a big LOST fan and have followed the show from it's beginning. 

After the first season my guess was that they all were dead and waiting to figure stuff out so they could "move on". But then the producers of the show came out after the first season and said "No No No... They're not dead!" so I believed them (like a sucker) and pushed that thought from my mind.
I would watch the show wondering what in the world the show was all about and how it would end. What would they answer and blah blah blah.

So last night I sit down and expect to be wow'd with this awesome ending tying everything together yet totally surprising me. Instead I was left with the same exact ending that I had expected from the beginning. 

So right now, I'm feeling let down. I totally understand that the producers wouldn't come out and be like "Oh yeah everyone.. they're dead just like you guessed!! after the first season" but why say anything at all? Just leave the viewers guessing don't say anything!! Don't tell us "they're not dead" when they are!!!!

Last night when I was watching it and the whole "They're dead" thing came up at the end I was just like "WHAT?? I knew that 6 years ago!!! Where's the surprise!!!??"

So anyways right now I'm just annoyed. Maybe in time I will come to grips with the fact that I've known the ending for 6 years and re-watch the seasons and be "okay" with everything but for now... 
Those jerks let me down.



No comments: