So I have about 5 pictures that I took on vacay so I'm not even going to bother with posting them. yes.. I'm a loser and didn't take very many pictures. The vacay was just okay. Not great. Here's why....This might be a little TMI for some but I don't care. It was more sitting around doing nothing and stressful than previous vacations. It all started when (TMI part....) I started my monthly visitor the moment I stepped off the plane in Hawaii. Seriously... the moment. The cramps came on the way to rent the car and I was feeling like crap for the first couple of days. I was also exhausted from all the stress that happened before the trip, like getting the house ready to put on the market to sell, Moma's birthday, in laws coming, etc. So the first couple of days were spent not doing much. Those were the days with the BEST weather too. You know the days where we SHOULD have been outside doing stuff and soaking up the beautiful Hawaiian weather?? After I started feeling better and I was caught up on some much needed rest, we decided to venture out and do some fun things, BUT then the weather sucked and it rained all day long. Seriously.. all day long. Usually I love Hawaiian rain, but not when it's all day long on the day I want to do stuff. So we ended up not doing some of the things we wanted to do. Then we had a day of nice weather and did some running around and that day was fun complete with snorkeling with sea turtles and shopping at the swapmeet. Then the VOG came (volcanic smog from the big island's volcanic eruptions). It's really grey and ugly and makes it very humid and you don't want to be outside really. It's a real downer. So my body didn't cooperate with me on this vacation and then the weather didn't cooperate either. Then we had some stress involving the house. It was all ready to be listed, and we ran into a snag. It caused us some stress for a couple days. Then we got the snag straightened out, the house got put up on the MLS and that's when it started getting really crazy. In the first day we had 3 people come to view it. The second day 3 more and the 3rd day a couple but lots of phone calls and appointments made for today and tomorrow. That wouldn't have been such a big deal BUT my cell phone is hooked up to the front gate which allows people to enter the property. So I was having to buzz people in from all the way in Hawaii on my cell phone. Of course the people would be late so I ended up sitting there in the car, waiting for an appointment to show up to show the condo so I could press the "9" button on my phone and let them in the gate. So that sucked and was stressful. We'd want to go do something but we couldn't because we had to wait for little miss realtor pants to come with her clients and show our property. Then we would buzz her in and go do some snorkeling or swimming then run back to the car to make sure we got to the phone in time to buzz in the next people for their appointment. Then my poor mother and father in law.... oy..... they had to let all these people in so we would have to call them and make sure they would be home and blah blah blah because there wasn't a lock box on the door yet. It was just kind of a nightmare really but getting this house sold is priority. We wouldn't have planned this vacation had we known we were moving but it was all planned and paid for before the decision to move was made so we went.
I don't know.... Maybe in a couple weeks I will look back and have fond memories of the trip but for now it's just kind of leaving me with that BLAH feeling. We had fun times but nothing like previous trips and we had some not so fun times too. There was waiting, weather, headaches, cramps, etc. BLAH. I did enjoy spending alone time with my husband though. That was super nice. That was the best part. But we could have spent alone time in the motel 6 down the road (as he put it) instead of spending it in Hawaii and probably still had about the same amount of a fun vacation.
So that's it. Not like last years 7 part blog post about our awesome Hawaiian vacation huh?? Just a post about how I really enjoyed spending alone time with my husband but the rest of the trip just kind of didn't work out. Like I said.... maybe in a few weeks, I will look back and remember the good stuff but right now I'm just feeling.... well..... blah....
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Blah! Ok, well, I'm sorry it was rotten, but I'm sure it will look rosier in a little while and you know you wouldn't have really relaxed in a motel 6 down the road. Glad you're home!
Post a Comment