I went back home for a few weeks. We had lots of fun and I have lots of pics but really quick before I head off to bed, I wanted to share these two with you....
You see... It was G's 2nd birthday while we were there. So I made a cake. Nothing fancy. Just a nice chocolate 2 layered round cake. I have to admit the frosting was spread just right and it looked absolutely wonderful until this happened...
I had the cake sitting on the counter. We had the doors open and fly got in the house. It kept landing on the cake so my sister put a paper towel on the cake to keep the fly off the top.
A couple hours later my mom was making dinner and asked me to get something out of the cupboard so I leaned over and opened the cupboard up. I couldn't find what she wanted so I turned around to tell her I couldn't. When I turned back around, I noticed that the cake was completely smooshed!! At first I was so confused. I thought "WHAT HAPPENED!!!!"
Then it clicked and I realized that when I had leaned over to get into the cupboard that I had rested my entire forearm onto the cake. It was covered with the paper towel so I didn't feel it or get all gooey.
I could not believe I had done that. The cake was completely cut in half by my forearm.
I yelled at myself and buried my head in my moms shoulder and just started cracking up. Everyone came from where there were scattered all over the house to see what happened.
We were all just dying from laughter and then everyone started fighting over who was going to get to lick the paper towel that was covered in frosting.
Anyways.. it was very funny. We ate the cake and it was still delicious even though it looked like some one drove a motorcycle through the middle of it.
Never a dull moment....






1 comment:
You need to post the one with the two candles in it. That one is so funny!
Post a Comment