Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dog Poop an Drivers Licenses

The weather here has been gorgeous and so I've been taking advantage and taking the kids out to the park a few times this week. So Thursday after I picked Moma up from school we went and picked up some lunch and went over to the park to eat and play. I pulled up to the park and the kids jumped out of the car and started running towards the playground. I was getting the food so I yelled to them to be careful of Dog Poop. I grab the food then turn around to see Moma doing this weird little tip toe dance/hop thing. I said "Why are you walking so funny?" Just then, I notice that the grass has all these little cat poop looking things all over it because they just aerated the grass. If you've never seen grass after it's been aerated.. it looks like cat poop is all over the grass but it's just dirt where they have dug up little holes in the grass. 
So she was trying not to step on all the poop and that's why she was dancing/hopping around so funny. 

Now for the Drivers License portion of the story... 
Ugh....

Okay.... so I moved here a few months ago but I never went and got a new drivers license because I knew I would just be moving again shortly and I didn't want to deal with changing my address and all that junk once we moved into the new house. So we officially moved in on the 12th. I had all intentions to get my license a few days after moving in, but we all got sick with the stomach flu. Then Mister Studly went out of town for 4 days and I didn't want to take the kids to the DMV!!! So he gets back in town and I go to get my license. It's been a long time since I've had to get a new license. I show up, thinking i will hand over my California license, they will give me a paper and pencil and I will take the test and get my new license in this new state. BUT.. I didn't realize that since there are crazy terrorists out there that they have really cracked down on what it takes to get a license. So in order to get my new license, I will need.... my old drivers license, my social security card, my ORIGINAL birth certificate, my wedding license and not one but TWO pieces of mail with my name on it to prove I am a resident. Well.... I have all the important stuff except the frickin' 2 pieces of mail. I have just moved remember?? I don't have mail!  I don't have ANYTHING with my name on it. Not to mention when I signed up for everything, I signed up to go paperless! Oh... did I mention the mail had to be important mail, like utility bills and stuff?
So in order for me to get my new license I will need to wait however freaking long it takes for me to get 2 pieces of mail with my stinkin' name on it. Meanwhile... my California license is now expired because it expired on my birthday a couple of weeks ago. And my car registration is also expired as of October 31st. So yeah... lovely huh?? 
I'm driving an unregistered vehicle with an expired license. 
All because some stupid terrorists decided to be terrorists and make my life more difficult.

I really hope I do not get pulled over. I'm carrying the form from the DMV that shows that I actually did go and try to get a new license before my old one expired and I sure hope i don't get my car impounded or I get thrown in jail or something like that in the mean time. 
Seriously.. I would NOT do well in jail.
So far, I have ONE piece of mail. I'm just waiting for that other piece so that I can go get my license and stop being a criminal.

1 comment:

Cherish said...

Haha yeah welcome to Utah. And to make things better, they don't really send a notification that your license is expiring, you just have to remember. My husband went to take a certification test for work and was turned away b/c his license had expired and he didn't even realize.