Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Oh my goodness!! Haven't been doing such a great job of posting lately. But I'll just get right down to what we've been up to....

Since we've moved into our new home, we have all been sick 3 times. It's only been a little bit over a month. It started with the stomach flu, then we all got a little cold, then a couple weeks later a BIG cold. and now we're on the mend. Let's hope it stays that way. 

Utah has so many kids and germs it's not even funny. I think that's why we're getting sick so often. We're not used to all these wintery Utah germs. Hopefully we will get this stuff out of our system soon, build up immunities and be on to better health.

The colds faded just in time for Thanksgiving. We had Mister Studly's parents over and 2 of his brothers and their wives and children. There were 16 people here in total.

I really love cooking Thanksgiving. It's something I enjoy doing. Even though I was exhausted by the end of the day, I had such a fun time!

Since this was our first Thanksgiving in our new home, I wanted to go all out.
So I set the tables as nicely as I could with some cheap fabric napkins from Walmart and other items I had around the house.

We ate... are you ready???..... a 21 lb turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, funeral potatoes, sweet potatoes, creamed corn, green bean casserole, rolls, fresh cranberry sauce, slushy punch, cookies, apple pie, pumpkin pie, fruit salad, spinach salad, pecan pie, banana cream pie, berry pie and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. 
Anyways.. it was a LOT and we had a ton of leftovers even with 16 people in attendance.

We had a great time. 

After dinner, every one was too stuffed to eat dessert so we all just lounged around for awhile.



It was a great day and I hope everyone had a nice time visiting and enjoyed stuffing their faces. 
I know I did.

1 comment:

Cherish said...

Jealous of all that good food! I hate to tell you this but adjusting to the Utah germs might take awhile. I was sick almost every other week for the entire first winter, and our friend who moved up at the same time basically had no voice all winter.