Okay, so my ears are fine, but my brain isn't! lovely. I guess according to the doctor, there are two parts to hearing. the first is what your ears hear and the second is the brain which interprets it. According to her, my brain is kind of slow at receiving the sounds and once it travels up there, it can either not comprehend it or misinterpret it. She told me that i should go to my regular doctor and get a brain mri. i already had one of those at the beginning of the year when i was having such horrible migraines. I told her about it and she said that my headaches could be the cause for the slow brain. she said that it can cause pressure and cloudiness that would cause my brain to have trouble with sounds. especially if there are other noises in the back ground, or if the person i am talking to isn't facing me. she said that when there are other sounds in the back ground, your brain has to process all of them and it's harder for you to hear everything at once. or, if some one isn't facing me when talking, i can't read their face to know what they've just said. there's nothing they can do about it, so if I'm talking with you and i say "what?" fifty times, please be patient. especially when I'm on the phone. my cell volume is turned up to the max and i still have the hardest time hearing what the person is saying. another thing that i have been doing lately is just nodding my head like i have heard you when in fact i haven't. so i will try harder to not do that because it's rude. so instead of being rude and not hearing what you're saying, i will just ask you to repeat it and be annoying. i guess being annoying is better than being rude. oh, by the way... my slow brain doesn't necessarily mean I'm stupid, just slow with hearing. my stupidness is caused by something else entirely. :)
Alright, so today we had a new garage door installed since ours was broken. before we moved here, it looked as if some one had backed their car into it and it has just gotten worse with use since we've lived here. My sister is coming over in between her school and work for a few hours and I'm going to take that time to go to the gym for a work out without having to take moma to the kids club. this evening, we are all (moma, me and dadi) going over to a families home that is investigating the church. i am excited because they have a daughter that's moma's age so i think it should be fun. I guess the mom is inactive, and the dad is the investigator, so we are going to go sit down with them and get to know them. the funniest part is that the sister missionaries called and asked us to meet with them because they think the family is "cool" and that we would be a good example to show them that there are "cool" young families in the church. it was kind of funny. i always think I'm a huge nerd so i guess it's a compliment to hear some one say I'm cool. Oh wait, maybe it was my hearing issues and she didn't say that at all!! uh oh!
that's it for today. desperately need to clean the house so i'd better get crackin'
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
What are you talking about, you guys are super cool! The super coolest!
You are hilarious! And I do agree- you are cool and totally fun to hang out with. Bummer about your hearing. So, what are you going to do?
I feel your pain. My mom totally has this hearing problem. And I think I have it too. It's like my hearing is time delayed, and by the time the person is repeating what they said I actually 'hear' it. It's frustrating and I get embarassed asking Joe especially (mr. mumbles) to repeat himself so often...
Post a Comment