Okay so now I'm having the worst back pain ever. i swear this pregnancy is such a pain. i just can't wait until the baby gets here and i can get my body back. i keep telling myself that it's all worth it to have the little guy in the end. so for about two weeks, my back has been hurting every day. this has been going on for a few months now on and off, but for the past two weeks it's been pretty unbearable. i talked with my doctor about it at my last visit and they said that there's not anything they can do about it. i can use a heating pad to bring some relief and massage works too but it doesn't make it better, it just helps for a little while. if any of you have had issues with your sciatic nerve, you know what's it's like. basically, it feels like my back/hip/butt/leg is broken (right along my hip and butt area and down my leg on the right side) and it gets really painful to put any weight on it. most of the time, i need to be careful where i walk and use the walls or whatever is near me for support so i don't fall down. so yesterday it was feeling pretty bad all day and i was trying so hard to be tough. i literally cried when i sneezed because that little jerky movement felt like i had just broke my back. we were supposed to go to a play with our friends later in the evening. but right about 4:30, dadi could see the pain in my eyes and made me sit down and think about what i was doing. he was like "i know you're trying to be tough and everything, but you need to think about what's in store for tonight. we have to walk kind of far to get to the theater and then we will be sitting for a couple of hours. don't worry about making people mad. just take care of yourself" so i thought about it and decided that i shouldn't go. i felt so bad though because our friends were so nice to give us tickets to the play and we were leaving them hanging at the last minute. then, i had to call my mom and tell her that we wouldn't be bringing moma to her house. she was so sad because she had planned a fun evening for them and even blew up her little pool in the back yard. so i started feeling guilty because i had been telling moma that she was going to go to grandma's house all day and she was so excited (she even said " i play in the dirt" because grandma always let's her play in the dirt). my mom just said for us to come over and she would feed us and i could relax and just lay around at her house. so we just went over there and she fed us and moma played in the pool and with the hose. at one point she turned the hose on my mom's boyfriend and completely soaked him. it was pretty funny but the laughing hurt my back. it's so crazy. i feel so bad for people that have to deal with this issue. i really hate being a sissy and I've felt so much like a sissy these past few weeks. I'm limping around the house and using anything and everything for support. i decided not to go to church today either so i could just relax and not have to do anything. i got a sub for my class and dadi took moma to church all by himself so i could just relax and not have to worry about her. i wish i could take a nap, but i don't feel very tired, just sore. my back actually feels better today than it did yesterday, but it's still hurting a lot. i wish i could afford to get a massage. that would be so nice. except it would only feel better while I'm getting the massage and then right after it would hurt again. so maybe i wish that i could afford to have some one massage me all day long. that would be wonderful!!
my blog has turned into the "let's complain about being pregnant" blog. with moma, i had it so good. i thought that all those women that complain when they're pregnant were just sissy's, but now i realize that i was just super lucky the first time around and I'm super UNlucky this time around. i have had more issues this time. here I'm going to list them and I'm not going to leave anything out (even the more personal issues). I'm not looking for sympathy, i just wanted to list them so all of you that are currently not pregnant and miserable, like me, can be thankful.
Sick all day long for first 18 weeks, exhausted, moody, horrible daily migraines from about 15 weeks until 25 weeks, I'm anemic, i have a hernia that keeps popping out, i have been sick with a cold for over a month and I'm still not over it even with the antibiotics, sciatic nerve issues, constipation and hemorrhoids (yes, i said it- i told you i wasn't going to leave anything out). i know there's more, but those are the ones that i can currently think of. i'm pretty over the whole thing. it's sad. i'm a sad little miserable thing right now. how pathetic!!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Yeah, that's why this is the last time for me, I feel your pain sister! I so wanted to stay home from church today and rest but I didn't hurt bad enough to justify it. I'm so happy you have a supportive smart husband. I got lucky too!
Oh Cory, I'm so sad for you. I wish there was something I could do. When the little guy comes it will be all worth it.
Post a Comment