Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bye Bye Buddy

Today we put Jedi to sleep. It was very sad. We spent the last few days with him knowing that we were putting him down today. it was hard but yesterday he had another stroke so we knew we were doing the right thing. it didn't make it much easier though. We had an appointment this afternoon at 4:45. i couldn't find anyone to watch the kids so we had to take them with us. i really didn't want to. i wanted to be there but i didn't think it was right for moma to be in the room so i took her and thumper to the car to wait. Mister studly stayed with him. the vet said that it was his third boxer to be put to sleep that day! one had cancer and I'm not sure about the other one, but Jedi was the oldest of the boxers so that made us feel kind of good. like we had more time with him than the others did. anyways, it was a very hard thing to do and i am sad. the worst part for me was when mister studly came out the side door out to the parking lot. he came straight from the exam room and i could see Jedi on the table behind him. when i met mister studly's eyes, he just broke down. that was the worst part for me. later when we got home. i broke down because i realized that Jedi wasn't going to be there to greet me anymore. okay, i have to go now because I'm crying. we did the right thing. he was old and sick. it's just sad. i'm going to really miss him a lot. he was a good dog.

2 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Now you made me cry. Again, I'm so sorry. I wish that dogs lived as long as humans. It sounds like you gave him a wonderful life filled with lots of love.

EvaMarieva said...

I am so sorry. I cried while reading your post. You loved him so much and he knew it. Your emotions touched me because you care so much for him. Thanks and we are sending internet hugs to you.