Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Grocery Game

For the last month I have been saving my coupons up so that I could start really playing http://thegrocerygame.com . So last night, I got online and looked at my list for my grocery store. I pulled the coupons I needed and heade out. I bought $127.88 worth of groceries for only $40.15. Yes folks.... $40.15!! I am a super stud! Here's what i bought...
2 Cornish game hens, 2 packs of quakes rice snacks, 2 boxes of popcorn, cake mix and frosting, cereal, 2 Colgate toothpastes, 3 stouffers frozen entrees, 1 claim jumper frozen entree, 2 packs boxes of granola bars, pie crust, crescent rolls, 5 lb sugar and 2 lb brown sugar, 2 rolls paper towels, 2 cans sweetened condensed milk (holiday baking is coming), 2 cans evaporated milk, 2 scrubber sponges, oatmeal, apples, 1 onion, razors, 2 toothbrushes and 2 Palmolive dish soaps.
So.... I am pretty proud of myself. Here's what I'm doing... I'm buying most of my meat and fresh fruit at Sam's club unless the grocery store is having a sale that is way better than Sam's club prices. i got those Cornish game hens for $3.12! I'm making most of my own bread so I won't need that unless it's a super good deal. I'm stocking up on things even if i don't need them right then because i will need them some day and the coupon deal is too good to pass up. like the paper towels and dish soap for instance. i have some already in the house but i wanted to stock up because i don't know when i will get anther coupon for those items. The apples and onion, i bought because they were on a super good sale. i will basically plan my meals around anything that is on sale that week. so this week we will be having Cornish game hens!! i don't think i have ever had a Cornish game hen before but i hear they are good. and for $3.12 i thought... why not try it? wait! i think i had one when i was a kid. So anyways, that was my grocery game experience. Again... let me know if you're interesed in joining. I can send you an invite and that way i get credit and can get some weeks for free. it costs about $1.25 per week for them to give you the list for your local store and tell you where to find your coupons. it's pretty easy.

No comments: