Friday, December 12, 2008

Funniest Husband Ever!

So here's what happened.......
After years and years of not being a good laundry put away-er, and getting frustrated with myself by my laziness about the whole thing, i decided i would try and schmooze my husband into doing this. Here's the thing. i totally do not mind sorting laundry, waking it out to the garage, putting it in the washer, putting the soap in, putting the fabric softener in, putting it in the dryer, getting it out of the dryer, folding everything and laying the items out that need to be hung up. BUT.... I HATE HATE HATE putting it away!!! so usually, this is what happens..... i take the clothes out, fold them on the bed, lay them out with all the intentions of putting them away, but then i for some reason, decide not to and then i end up needing to go to bed and there they are sitting on the bed still waiting to be put away. so because I'm so tired, i end up moving them off the bed and onto a chair in our room where they sit. then when i need something, i rummage through them and mess them up and i end up throwing clean clothes back into the wash because now i can't tell what is clean and what is dirty. it's really lame and I'm embarrassed to admit that i do this but i do. so last night after seeing piles upon piles of laundry i decided to ask my sweet loving wonderful husband if he wouldn't mind "trading" some chores. first of all, the only chores he is responsible for around the house are to take out the trash and empty the dishwasher (Which i actually end up doing about 90% of the time because i forget to tell him when it needs to be unloaded!!) So last night after being ever so loving to him, i brought up my proposition. i would be 100% responsible for emptying the dishwasher and he would be responsible for putting away the laundry. i would fold it and lay it out and he would just have to come home from work and put it away and hang it up. He said he would think about it. Well.... just him thinking about it got me all excited at the possibility that i may no longer have to do this.
so today, he comes home from work. he has two pieces of paper in his hand and says he needs to talk to me. i have no idea what is going on. i get a little nervous thinking something is wrong financially or something. so he sits down next to me and asks me to follow along while he reads this document. here's what t says..........................

I, Mama (insert my name), do hereby solemnly swear that by my husband, mister studly, taking on the new chore of "putting the clean clothes away", after i have folded them, do hereby release him of all other duties except for "taking out the trash" to which he has here to for excepted.
In doing so, if he should help me in any other manner of cleaning, he will be revered by me as the wonderful husband i already know he is.
In conclusion, I know and accept that i have no right to guilt him into anything... even if myself have had a rough day. I now sign this document on this the 12th day of December, the year of our Lord, Two Thousand-Eight.


Mama (insert my name)
Wife and Mother

This document will now hang on our refrigerator as a testament for those who think my husband is a slob for just sitting there as i clean.

So that's how it went down. i gladly signed the document (both copies. one for the fridge and one for "his records") and now it hangs on our fridge. i am just so glad i no longer have to put the laundry away!!! yaaaahoooooo!!!!
also, just so you know, my dear husband is also still responsible for anything "icky" that happens here in our home, like clogged toilets or any other type of "manly" things that a women just should not have to do. i made sure that was part of the agreement as well.
he's so funny!!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

That's funny!

danakay said...

We love your husband! He cracks us up!

Vivian said...

I'm not the only one! I'm glad you're the same way with laundry as I am because I do the exact same thing. That makes me laugh the mister studly came up with this document.

XYZinn said...

I HATE unloading the dishwasher, yet I always have to do it...and wash the clothes and put them away too! Ugh! Sometimes I will fold the clothes and put them on our dresser and then Scott will put away his portion.