Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Brain Surgery

Jill had her brain surgery today and unfortunately I do not have good news right now. I got a call at about 1:00 this afternoon that she was out of surgery and in recovery. They took a biopsy of her brain and we won't know the results of that for 3-5 days. She was doing okay and in recovery (in an induced coma) and then a few minutes ago, I received a call that she is experiencing brain swelling and had to be rushed in for emergency surgery. I guess they are removing a portion of her skull. I do not know all the details. Just that she is in surgery. This has all just been really scary and sad. It is likely that she could have some type of brain damage. Ahhhhh. It's just so frustrating. I know this might sound stupid but I feel so guilty when I am having fun or watching TV or whatever. She's having brain surgery and I'm just sitting here. Not like I could do anything but I still feel like watching TV or whatever is selfish in some way. I don't know how to explain it. Anyways, I just want to know what is wrong with her. My aunt is feeling very overwhelmed and stressed and wants us all to stay away for awhile. I'm respecting her wishes but it's hard. I just want to be there to give her a hug or whatever.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I'm sorry. I realize this must be really hard on you. If I were in her place, I would want everyone to try and enjoy life and have fun still. We've been keeping her in our prayers and I know it will all work out as it is suppose to. Time seems to take forever and we want answers and solutions now, but how we deal with the time while we wait defines us. Love ya!