Sorry for the delay in getting some more pics up. I know you are all just dying to see them. Anyways.... on the fourth day of our trip, we still had our special pass which allowed us to get into the different parks. So we tried to really take advantage and we had such a fun time.
It started off with a trip to the sea life park. This was the biggest joke but we still had fun. You can seriously see all of the exhibits in 38 minutes (at least that's how long it took us!!!) If we had paid full price we would have been pretty irritated.
Me with a cool puffer fish (My favorite fish! I love them. They are so cute.)
Some weird looking sea birds.
A dolphin.
After the sea life park, we headed over to Kualoa Ranch. This is the place where the film a lot of movies and the TV show LOST which is my absolute favorite TV show of all time!! I was pretty excited to see some of the places they film and then match it with the scene in my head. We took the jungle expedition tour which takes you on a 6 wheel drive jeep (the one shown is similar but only 4 wheel). I have a weird look on my face because there were two jeeps about to cross in front of me so I was like "Ahhh! Hurry up!!!"
As we were getting ready to drive into the jungle, a speckled chicken decided to stow away. He flapped his wings and hopped into our jeep and wanted to ride in Mister Studly's lap. It was funny and all the Japanese tourist in the other jeep jumped out and took pictures of it. So Mister Studly will be in a lot of Japanese people's scrapbooks apparently.
Here is a view from our trip in the jungle. The fish ponds (rectangular area of water) is where they blew up the sub on the show LOST or any other submarine scenes are filmed.
At the end of the road we hiked up to the top of a mountain in our flip flops where we got some good pictures. It was beautiful.
As we were getting ready to drive into the jungle, a speckled chicken decided to stow away. He flapped his wings and hopped into our jeep and wanted to ride in Mister Studly's lap. It was funny and all the Japanese tourist in the other jeep jumped out and took pictures of it. So Mister Studly will be in a lot of Japanese people's scrapbooks apparently.
Here is a view from our trip in the jungle. The fish ponds (rectangular area of water) is where they blew up the sub on the show LOST or any other submarine scenes are filmed.
At the end of the road we hiked up to the top of a mountain in our flip flops where we got some good pictures. It was beautiful.After that, we headed to the macadamia nut farm. We always go there when we are on Oahu because Mister Studly likes to eat all the free samples. They offer a tour but we have never taken it because I thought it would be lame. But our pass let us go on the tour for free so we decided to go. It ended up being really awesome!!
It started out with this huge Samoan dude doing a fire dance.
Fun!
Then he cracked open a coconut and let me drink it.
Then he shaved the coconut and let me eat it!!
After that, he took us out on a boat on the fish pond.
And here is the Hukilau Cafe from 50 first dates!! That was cool to see. It was fun because both LOST and 50 first dates are my all time favorites and so it was pretty cool to see where they filmed.
It started out with this huge Samoan dude doing a fire dance.
Fun!
Then he cracked open a coconut and let me drink it.
Then he shaved the coconut and let me eat it!!
After that, he took us out on a boat on the fish pond.
And here is the Hukilau Cafe from 50 first dates!! That was cool to see. It was fun because both LOST and 50 first dates are my all time favorites and so it was pretty cool to see where they filmed. During our trip, I kept looking for Sawyer, but I never saw him. Maybe next time.
Anyways, that was our fourth day. The first four days were our busiest. I still have to post some pictures from the Shark Adventure we did (Awesome!!!) So keep checking back.
We've been busy the last few days. On Friday we went to the park day with the girls from church. Moma loves her weekly play date at the park. Then that evening, we had a BBQ at my moms because my grandma is down for the weekend. It would have been better if the kids weren't acting so bad. They were both so whiny. Turns out they are sick. I have a cold so I must have given it to them. Poor kids! On Saturday we drove out to J and M's house because our nephew received his Eagle Scout. So we went for his court of honor. It was a nice day. I made cookies and took my nieces to the store and got some stuff for them to make flower clippies for their hair. I showed them how and then we had to leave to drive home. I was so tired and not feeling well this morning so Mister Studly let me sleep in and then I stayed home from church with the kids since we're all sick-o's! I hate being sick! Yuck!






2 comments:
Actually, I have been dying to see the pictures! :-) I am living vicariously through you and your fun vacation! Sorry you guys are all sick!
I am so jealous and can't wait for my husband to take me there! Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment