It's slow going, but we're getting there. I only have so much time in the day you know?? And uploading these pics sometimes takes way too long and I don't have the patience!!
Anyways, on the 5th day of our trip, we just took it really easy. We had had such an eventful first four days so we just wanted to relax and have a nice time. We walked out to Goat Island. It's an island on the north shore that you can walk out to. It has a little bay that has decent snorkeling. I walked around and found sea glass while Mister Studly snorkeled. My ear was really hurting me on our trip so I didn't do as much snorkeling as I normally do. Every time I would put my ears under water, my right ear would hurt really bad. It still hurts even now. I should probably go to the doctor..... but whatever!!
Here's Goat Island. You can see how low the tide is. It's actually easier to walk out there during high tide. Even though the water gets about chest high during high tide, it's not as hard to keep your balance. I fell a couple times and Mister Studly kept getting annoyed because it was sort of painful on your feet (even with our reef shoes on).
On our way out there, we saw this little guy. It was funny because the night before we were watching animal planet and they showed a spiny starfish just like this one and we both said "Oh, I've never seen one of those before" and then the next day.. BAM!!! there's one right in front of us in real life. Cool.
Here's a sea anemone (sp??) that's dried up and lost it's poky things. I found it on the beach on Goat Island.
Mister Studly found a bright red baby sea slug. He brought it to me so I could see.
While he was snorkeling, he found this is the reef. Cool huh? Can you see what it is?? I'll give you a hint... it has eight legs.I'll post some more pics tomorrow.
This weekend was busy. Yesterday we went to two BBQ's. The kids are feeling a little better. At least their moods have improved so I think they're feeling better. I just hate it when they're sick and grumpy. That's it around here. Just very busy lately. I'll post more pics tomorrow from our trip.







2 comments:
Keep the pictures coming. They are awesome! What a great vacation.
You totally spelled anemone right and how cool that you can walk to an island!
Post a Comment