Thursday, May 28, 2009

Vacation Pics: Part 7 Shark Tour!!!


Here are the pictures from our shark tour. It was pretty cool. The water was perfect. Not windy and not choppy at all.

Our boat!

Here's the cage attached to the back of the boat. This is what they lower into the water and then we climb in.

After about ten minutes, we were out where the sharks are. I was really hoping we would be farther from shore. I realize there are sharks in the ocean and that they come close to shore. I just didn't want to see exactly how close they are. They asked if anyone wanted to go first and I didn't raise my hand. I wanted to watch some one else go in first before it was my turn. It actually worked to our benefit because by the time it was our turn, more sharks had come. I was pretty scared. I'm not a fan of sharks.


Once I got in, all my fears just went away. I was so surprised. I was just having fun and I wasn't scared at all. The sharks were 8-10 feet long but under water they sure looked bigger. Everyone was saying "Are you sure these are only 10 feet??"


Mister Studly looking cool in a snorkel mask.


Me looking cool in a snorkel mask.

A Shark!

Lots of Sharks!!!!! There were about a dozen around us at all times. The shark tour was really cool. We had a great time!


I loved this sign because if you ever watch Dog the bounty hunter, he's always talking about people doing "ice" on the island. He's always hunting people down for using ice. So when we saw this sign, it was pretty funny and I made Mister Studly go back so I could take a picture of it.

On the way back we stopped at one of our favorite beaches. There are always turtles there on the sand.

5 comments:

danakay said...

You are so brave! I was scared swimming with sting rays! There is NO WAY I would go under knowing there were sharks near by!!!!!

Kyla Armstrong said...

Were you in the water with those sharks??? You're freaking me out!

Mindy said...

Holy crap you are so brave! Do they come over to the cage? Do they acknowledge you or ignore you? What a freakin' awesome trip!

Jaime said...

Yeah, more power to ya! I hear it's cool, but not goin' there!

Vanessa said...

That is so cool that you did a shark tour! Wish I could have been there for that one.