Tuesday, June 16, 2009

In Need Of....

Hello All! This post is directed to people that live close to me. If you could save your glass jars for me instead of throwing them away, I would really appreciate it. I started saving glass jars and lids (like from pickles, pasta sauce, etc) so that I could store dry goods. With Moma's food allergies, I have found that I am buying a lot more dry goods and I need a place to store them. I thought it would be better to recycle and store them in glass jars then going out and buying plastic containers or zip lock baggies. Plus they will have a better shelf life in a glass jar. With Moma's food allergies, baking bread and tortillas, pancakes, etc has become part of my daily life. When you bake something using flour other that wheat flour, you have to use a combination of various types of flours and other special dry ingredients like "xanthum gum" in order for it to turn out right. Right now, I have Tapioca Flour, Rice Flour, Bean Flour and a few others that I need to find places for. So if you could just save me a jar or two (or ten) that would be really great! Thanks in Advance!

1 comment:

She-Ra said...

we're saving up pasta sauce jars for you!