Sunday, July 26, 2009

Call Me "Coach"

So a few weeks ago, my dear friend "S" emailed and asked if I would be available to be her coach in her Childbirth 101 class. Her husband was out of town and not going to make it back in time for the class. I jumped at the chance!! I never went to a childbirth class myself. And of course i thought it would be hilarious... and it was!



We got to the class and everyone sort of was looking at us funny. I could tell there brains were wondering things like... "I wonder if she's a single mother with a dead beat dad" or "life partners perhaps??" "S" quickly let the people around us know that her husband was out of town and that I was the super awesome fill-in for the day.

I knew it was going to be touchy-feely so I TRIED to prepare myself to be immature. Yeah... that didn't work so well. It started off with S giving me a massage so that she could show me (the dad) how she wanted to be massaged during childbirth. Though awkward at first, this was my favorite part of the day. I just love massages!!

After that we switched......

Next we practiced different positions to use during contractions. The one I couldn't keep the straight face through was this one.....

We were basically dancing.

Then at the end of the class the instructor made us spoon while she whispered relaxing things to us.
Of course there was no relaxing involved for me because I was desperately trying not to laugh and that was making me laugh even harder. I think I made the couple behind us laugh because they could see my body shaking with held in laughter about to explode. At the end of "spooning" the couple behind us was cracking up as well.

Anyways, this was a really fun day. i know it's supposed to be educational and not so much "fun" but it was definitely fun for me. My friend was a good sport and we had a great time!
Of course, I don't think she'll be having as much fun when she's ACTUALLY in labor though.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

You guys are so funny, that would be hard not to laugh! And what an honor that she would choose you!

Cherish said...

That is hilarious! Those pictures really made the story come alive.

EvaMarieva said...

This is hilarious. I don't think I would want to take a childbirth class any other way. ;)