Here she is doing warm ups.
She was scared at first. I was little bit nervous when I saw that her teacher was a man. She does better with women. But he assured me that she would be fine. After that first lesson, I wasn't so sure. She cried the whole time and was pretty freaked out.
She did better at her second lesson. After that, she only got upset when he would dunk her. Towards the end of the lessons, she was asking to be dunked!! I was so glad. She enjoyed herself a lot and we would come home and practice in our pool in the evenings.
Here's her "award" as she called it. It was a certificate of participation but we let her think it was an award. She deserved it.
I took her in the pool on Monday and guess what she did?? She swam!!! Only for a couple feet, but she still swam. It was really cool. My mom and sister were here and they got to see it as well as Mister Studly. It was really awesome. We'll probably go again today and practice some more. She really likes being dunked under the water now.
Mister Studly and I took a trip to Mammoth this past weekend. It was such a nice trip. On Thursday after he got off work, we drove out to our brother and sister in laws house. We stayed the night and then Mister Studly and I left the kids with them. It was just the two of us. Fishing with little ones is hard and not a very peacful experience so I was glad to leave them behind. They had a great time. In fact when I would call Moma to talk to her, she would say "okay mom... bye!!" I was like "Wait!! I'm not done!" and she would just say "bye" and hand the phone off to another person. Sheesh! We woke up super early Thursday and headed out. We have a favorite breakfast place on the way and so we stopped there. When we arrived in mammoth, we checked in and headed out to go fishing. It was so windy!! We knew the fish wouldn't be biting with all that wind, but we tried anyway. Mister Studly almost lost his new hat when it blew away.
The next day, we woke up and the wind was gone. We rented a boat and went out on lake Mary. The first few hours, we didn't catch a darn thing. It was very frustrating. But we finally started catching some.
Usually I outfish Mister Studly, but this trip, he outfished me. The only reason I normally outfish him is because after I catch a fish, It takes him about 3-5 minutes to get the fish off my line (because I won't touch them!), etc so he hands me his pole. I usually will catch a fish on his pole while he's helping me with my pole. So technically it should have been his fish, but I end up catching it because he's busy. LOL!
My dad was there at the same time as us. Him and a friend went up for the weekend to go fly fishing. They had never fished mammoth before. We stopped by their camp and visited for awhile. It was good to see him.
The next day, we got another boat on Lake George. It was beautiful and we were the only ones on the lake for awhile in the morning.
Mister Studly caught a pretty nice fish. It was 17 1/2 inches long. That is the second biggest fish he's caught in mammoth. The other one is hanging on our wall. It was 21 inches and 5 lbs!! Some day I will catch a fish that big and we will have it mounted. Unfortunately, this wasn't my trip. I only caught a few fish. But we seemed to have the best luck out of all the people that we talked to. A lot of people weren't catching anything. We caught 9 fish our whole trip. Usually we do better than that so we were disappointed but like I said, no one else was catching anything so I guess we were lucky compared to every one else we talked to. 





2 comments:
Wow you sure get to go on a lot of super fun trips! It looks so beautiful up there. Glad you had a good time. I remember taking swimming lessons at that same pool when I was a kid!
I am so jealous! You and Hubby are always having fun! I'm lucky to see my man for for dinner!
Looks like a great getaway! Sounds like you had so much fun fishing!
Post a Comment