Today I went to the beach with my mom, sister and the kids. I went in the water for a bit with my mom. We were about to get out when I noticed a BIG fish swim by my leg. Not a foot from me. This thing was really big. I have grown up going to the beach and I have never seen a fish that big close to shore. Usually I don't even see fish at all. So I see this thing and it's about 2 1/2 feet long (no exaggeration). Brown with black strips on it's back. I turn to my mom and say "Did you see that???" She says no and I tell her that a really big fish swam next to me and then I start freaking myself out thinking it was one of those little sharks with the black stripes on it's back. So I grab her by the wrist and start pulling her out of the water. First of all, I know that if it really was a shark (which I highly doubt) that even if it did bite me, it wouldn't be a big deal but I am a little bit afraid of sharks to be honest. So I grab her wrist and start pulling her to shore. She is walking to slow and so I decide to let go. She's on her own!!! I start walking pretty quickly up to the shore and I hear my mom start to say something behind me, but I don't really hear her. Next thing I know, I am flat on my face laying in the sand. I stepped into the dip in the sand where the waves break and I totally biffed it. I landed flat on my face right there at the shoreline in front of the entire beach. It was the funniest thing ever! I tried to roll over and get up, but then the waves started coming and made it difficult. My mom had to come over and help me up. We all laughed so hard. For the rest of the day, my mom, sister and I would just burst into laughter whenever we thought of it. They even started arguing over who had the better view of the fall. My mom got to see it from behind while my sister got to see it from the front.
Anyways, it was so funny. I don't think I've fallen down like that since I was a kid!!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
K, thanks for that story Cory! I really needed a good laugh! :-)
So funny! I wish I had seen that!
Post a Comment