Well... this past weekend was a lot of fun. I started out on Friday with my sister (isn't she great??) coming and watching the kids for me so that I could take off early in the morning. She took the kids down to the beach and walked around for a bit before heading back to her house so they could stay the night and give Mister Studly a break from all of us. I'm sure he sobbed uncontrollably all night long on Friday because he missed me and the kids so much. (yeah right!!) Anyways, my friend "E" and I went to see our friend "V" in Vegas. On our way, we made a quick stop at my Nana and Papa's house to pick up some pictures. Papa is turning 90 years old in a few days and we're having a party for him. I wanted to make a collage and since they live on the way to Vegas it worked out perfectly that we stop by their house and I pick up some fun pictures. After that, we headed out for the rest of the drive. We got to Vegas about 2:00 and as soon as V's hubby got home, us girls booked it out of there. We started off with relaxing pedicures. ahhhh so nice. During our pedicures, we decided that for the rest of the night we would only call each other by our "Vegas" inspired names. So V was Goldie (and got her toes painted gold to match the name), E was Sparkle and I of course was Chesty La Roo. We had fun calling each other by our Vegas names. At dinner, we had the funniest waitress. V decided to tell her all about our nicknames for the night. As she was introducing us (with our Vegas names) she got around to me and said and this is "Chesty" but the waitress thought that she had said "Teste" and that sent us all into hysterics. So of course for the entire weekend, I was known as "Teste" lovely huh??? LOL
Anyways, after dinner, we headed over to the strip. We were all zonked (mostly me) and so instead of staying out late on the strip and watching all the crazy drunk people, we decided to go back to V's house and play truth or dare. First we stopped at Golden Spoon though. Then we headed home for some silly truth or dare except we were all too tired to do any dares so they all ended up being truth's. On Saturday, I baked some pirate cupcakes (see blog to the right) and we headed over to a friend of V's house for a fun birthday pool party for V's son. That night, we just hung out. We were all so tired. I wish I had more energy that weekend but I was just so tired, then I got a migraine and that totally wiped me out. On Sunday, we headed home. I could not wait to see Mister Studly and the kids. I missed them sooooo much. When I got home, Baby G smiled and screamed and then said "Mommy!!!" perfectly. He's only called me momma up til now so that was a treat to walk in the door and be greeted with such a happy guy calling me such a sweet name like "mommy"
This week is busy with preparations of my Papa's birthday party. It's going to be fun. I'm making the cake (of course) and catering the whole thing. Busy Busy, but super fun!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Oh, sweet little Gage. I'm totally calling you Teste from now on.
Now EVERYONE is going to call you Teste!
That is cute about Baby G. Carlo and I both love when we come home and the kids run to the door screaming, "Mommy" or "Daddy". Those are the moments. What did Moma do?
I had so much fun! We really should try to do something twice a year. Of course next time, I should get a break from my kids! And I was way too tired on Saturday too. We are just getting old! Or having migraines.
Thanks for teaching us your fondant art!
Fondant art looks a little like fart!
Post a Comment