Yesterday was really nice. I cooked dinner over at my moms house. She has a larger table. Everything tasted really good if I do say so myself. I even tried making pies for the first time. Those of you that remember that I used to work for HB Pie Co, are probably like "WHAT?? you've never made a pie!!" But it's true. I only measured out ingredients and pressed pie dough. I never actually made a pie from start to finish. So I made Pumpkin and Pecan. I don't know why that was so intimidating to me. I guess those are easy pies to make, but still.... they were waaaaay easy and I don't know why I have never made pies before. I guess I'm more of a cake girl but I might just have to start making pies as well.
So I'm a big fat loser and didn't get any pictures of anything yesterday so you'll just have to take my word for it that the meal looked wonderfully delicious and that we all had a good time. For some reason Moma kept calling the rolls "waffles" so every five minutes while the dough was rising she would ask "Are those waffles done yet??" We all called them waffles for the rest of the night. After dinner and pie, we packed up and headed home. I was sleepy from all the turkey and went to bed. Mister Studly let me sleep in today which was so lovely and then we cleaned the house. In the evening we went and got our Christmas tree. It's beautiful. I will take pics and post them some time soon. We decorated the tree while drinking hot cocoa and then after we were done, we watched Christmas Vacation. We always start the season off and end it with that movie. It's a favorite of ours. It's just a classic and so dang funny. It reminds me of my dad a lot and him trying to make a fun Christmas growing up with everything going wrong. He would end up hurt and cussing by the time the Christmas lights were hung and I would be in charge of getting the knots out of the stand of lights. Also the road rage scene in the beginning of the movie is sooooo my dad right down to when he flips the bird. Like I said... a true Christmas Classic.
The rest of this weekend is going to be spent relaxing. Every single one of us is sick and while we're not dying or anything, we're just not feeling great with coughs and sniffles and aches and pains. Rest is good.
Hope everyone had a good Thanks Fathers Giving!






No comments:
Post a Comment