Lookie what I got on Valentine's Eve....
Mister Studly went snowboarding with some guys from church on Friday. They stayed the night in a cabin and then headed home on Saturday morning. When he walked in the door he had these roses (they were long stem but I chopped them to fit nicely in my vase) and the promise of a back massage. I actually was so exhausted that I traded the back massage for a chance to sleep in on Sunday and that's just what I did. It was heavenly.
Moma has been enjoying school a ton. She just loves her friends. Especially Marco and Nicholas. She talks about them constantly. Today they made a "rock band" and "rocked out". I know this was under Moma's direction because she is constantly asking us to turn on music so she can pretend to be in a rock band and rock out. LOL. Last week at her class Valentine's party, Nicholas' mom told me that he always talks about Moma and that he just loves her "beautiful hair". I guess he is always telling his mom, "Moma has such pretty hair. It's so beautiful!!" Awww... she's got the boys wrapped around her finger already. Not good!
So today I dropped Moma off at preschool and then headed home to get some work done. I had a few bananas going bad and decided to make banana bread out of them. I wanted to try out some rice flour banana bread. I have the hardest time finding good recipes for Moma that she can eat because of her allergies. I googled rice flour banana bread recipes and found one that she could have (no egg). I decided to try it out. Whenever I make her a new bread item out of rice flour, I get serious anxiety. I hate things going to waste and because of her allergies, I am constantly having to tweak the recipes and they almost always turn out funny and get tossed out. Either that or they look great but taste like dirt. So today I made the banana bread and I also made a regular loaf for the rest of us (with wheat and eggs)
Can you tell which one is the rice flour bread??
To give you an idea of how different rice flour is from regular old wheat flour, I'd like you to know that the amount of batter poured into the pans was the same. Almost exactly. But the wheat based bread rises so much better than the rice flour. The rice flour bread doesn't even rise really. It just cooks like a casserole. So I pulled these guys out of the oven and I took one look at the rice bread and just shook my head. It looked weird and I just knew it was going to be yet another rice flour flop. BUT... it was freakin delicious!! In fact..... it was better than the regular banana bread (which was also a new recipe because I did not have sour cream on hand which is in my yummy recipe) Now I'm kind of anxious to try this new rice flour bread recipe out next to my usual banana bread recipe just to see how they compare. It was really really good. I want so surprised and so super happy. Now I just wish I had more bad bananas so I could make her some more. She loved it and gobbled it up! I had to stop her so she could have some tomorrow too. For those of you that don't have allergy kids, I cannot explain to you the joy it gives me when I find a recipe that works for her. It's like gold!! I am thrilled. This was the highlight of my day and maybe even my week. I really really mean that too. Finding a recipe that I can use for her that tastes good and is easy is really tough for me. I'm so happy I found this recipe today. Thank goodness for google!
Anyways, that's it around here.






2 comments:
That's awesome the recipe turned out for you!
Yay!!!!
Post a Comment