I have gotten all excited about blogging lately. Especially with my Cute Cupcakes. All The Time. blog so I've decided to add a couple of features to my personal blog. Nothing fancy or well thought out. Just fun and light hearted features. My first will be today. I'm calling this post "I Heart Hump Days" which I will be doing every Wednesday. In case you didn't know.... Wednesday is also called "Hump Day" for all you sicko's out there thinking I meant something else entirely by "Hump". Plus my completely immature side will giggle every time I type "hump" and giggling is fun.
Lately I have been in a slump. I feel kind of funky and just not myself. I'm also feeling sorry for myself a lot too which I absolutely HATE!!!! Ugh! It's so frustrating because my brain tells me that I have sooooo very much to be thankful for but my emotional side is acting all "ooh poor me, poor me" Yeah.. totally annoying! Today I am having a good day and so I decided to share a few things that I'm loving this week with all my friends who read my blog (which according to the comments doesn't seem like a whole lot of people but whatever).
So every Hump Day, you can check out my blog and read about things that have made me happy during the week. This will be sort of therapeutic for me as well because it will force me to think about things I love and make me smile and be happy.
So here it goes.. My first official "I Heart Hump Days" post (**giggle**)
#1 Preschool!
Moma absolutely loves preschool. I was so nervous about putting her a few months ago. I really wanted her to get the social interaction from the other kids though and so I decided to enroll her a few days a week. She loves it and she is so happy there. There are a few things I love about it as well. It gives me time with Baby G alone. It's nice bonding time for us. Moma gets alone time with me all the time when Baby G is napping and she had lots of alone time with me before he was born. So this little three hour block, three times a week has been so nice for us. It also allows me to run errands faster as well without a three year old begging for every fun things she sees in the aisles of the stores. Target has become a weekly stop for us. We go and browse the aisles and I buy a popcorn and soda and Baby G goes to town. The pop corn is for him and the soda is for me. Then we bring the left overs to moma when we pick her up from school. Baby G actually starts yelling "pop-cone!! pop-cone!!" whenever he sees the Target sign. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing but I'm choosing to look at is as good since it gives us a fun little tradition.
#2- 15 Minute Clean Ups

I have cleaning O.C.D. You wouldn't know it by looking at my house though because it's always a mess. But what happens is, I start to clean the kitchen and I can't stop. I empty all the drawers and rewash everything. I feel this crazy need that if something gets picked up/straightened up, that it also needs to be completely cleaned and organized until my fingers are bleeding and then nothing else gets cleaned because I'm too tired to do anything else. So I set up a system awhile ago where I set my kitchen timer for 15 minutes and I clean one room. Then when the timer goes off, I force myself to stop and move on to something else. I also have another kitchen timer upstairs that I use too so I don't have to carry my timer around with me. I love using this system I made up because it makes me feel like I'm getting things done without going all O.C.D crazy.
#3- A Husband That Notices The Little Things

Every once and awhile Mister Studly will surprise me. This week he had to go to Sam's Club to pick up a few things. He called me and asked if I needed anything. I couldn't think of anything that we needed except bananas. He comes home not only with the bananas and the items he had gone there for, but also paper towels (we were on our very last roll) and black pepper. We had been almost completely out of black pepper and it's something I love. He could go without pepper but I am a pepper freak and put it on everything. So the fact that he remembered that we needed those things when I didn't made me smile.
#4- Sisters

Last night was our Relief Society activity and everything went so well. I was so nervous since I'm on the committee that things weren't going to go as planned. There's a lot of pressure when you have to try and find an activity that all the sisters will enjoy or at the very least... not hate. So last night we had such a fun time and every one seemed to really enjoy themselves and it made me so happy. I love all the sisters in my ward.
#5- Good Timing

I hope my cousin doesn't mind me posting this but I've been thinking about it all week. She was in a really weird car accident. No one was hurt and that's what I mean by Good Timing. Her car went crazy and accelerated really quickly. The brakes didn't work during this time. Even the E break wasn't working properly. They had been about to get on the freeway. If the accident had happened a moment later than it did, it could have been disastrous. The timing was amazing.
#6- My Bissell Steam Mop

This thing is awesome. I love love love it. It works so well and gets all the nasty gooey food bits my kids throw on the floor then step on and smoosh into the tile. There's only so much you can sweep up and this steam mop works so great. I love watching all the icky gooey things come up and the floor get all sparkly clean. It's one of my favorite things right now.
So that's it. My first "I Heart Hump Day"
Another feature I'll be doing is "Random Thought Thursday". I am filled with randomness. I keep myself up at night wondering about totally weird things. I figure.... I might as well share my random thoughts with some one. Lucky you.






4 comments:
I've been totally wanting to do features on my blog so it would make me blog more, now it'll look like I copied you! Oh well, we all know you're cooler than me anyday! Okay, so I've totally been wanting a steam mop, and maybe now I'm convinced to go buy one. They have one on sale at Big Lots this week. I've always wanted to try your 15 minute cleaning method but I've been lazy. And I love love love that he remembered the pepper. That means he really loves you!
Love your post Cory...
Have you ever heard of FlyLady.net?
It's a website dedicated to SHE's
(sidetracked home executives)
that's one of her
(15 min. timer thing) methods.
I signed up for it about 2or 3 years ago, but have never really used the system (only little bits here and there).
well, I happen to HEART you!!!!
The RS activity was the best! Thank you! Ladies are still talking about it!
Post a Comment