Friday, June 25, 2010

A Little Taste.....

Here is the model version of the home we will be living in. My mom is purchasing it as a rental property and we will be renting it from her. Our lot is to the right of the model (if you're standing in the street looking at it)

Here's the front......


Here's the back......


Here's the kitchen...... (I  L-O-V-E the island and granite!!!)
Our cabinets will be similar but not staggered. It was quite a bit more expensive for the staggered part and so we just decided to have them straight across but still have the nice molding at the top.

Here is a walking path and creek behind the house....

We are getting the back yard fenced but just to give you an idea, behind our fence will be this small creek and walking path. I like that we won't be sharing a back fence and staring out at some ones back windows of their own house. The walking path goes quite a ways. In fact, I'm not really sure how far it goes. It seems like it just goes and goes. I guess I will have to walk on it soon.

I'm in love with the kitchen and the pantry. It will be nice to have more space.

On Wednesday we went and picked out the colors. The front of the house is going to be a little bit different than the model. They can't have two homes sitting right next to each other looking the same which I understand and would not want anyways. So our entryway will be mostly stone with one wooden pillar. Our stone will be different as well and so will the colors of the home and trim though they will be similar.

Anyways, we are just getting the finishing touches put into the plans now and some corrections made then we will sign off on that and put it in to the city for permits. Once the city gets back to us (3 weeks or so), we break ground and the home will be built in about 60 days.

It's very exciting and kind of nerve wracking at the same time. Picking out colors and stone and roofs and all that was making me a bit nervous. I sure hope everything comes together nicely. The girl helping us pick our colors is an interior designer and so she kind of helped me when I was unsure of myself.

So hopefully within about 3 months from now, I will be moving in all my junk!!!

The basement is unfinished but Mister Studly will take care of that fairly soon after we move in.  So once the basement is completed, it will be 5 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms with 2 family rooms and 1 extra room (which will be kind of the size of a family room that Mister Studly will use to work from home. His office and music studio will be there.

Oh... Sorry I keep forgetting stuff.... we also have a storage room in the basement that is about the size of a small bedroom where all the utilities will be plus christmas decorations and stuff. Then that opens up to another door which will be our cold storage area. Upstairs near the garage entrance and kitchen pantry is the laundry room. Oh how exciting to have an actual laundry room!!!! I have never had that before. My laundry has always been either outside or in my garage. So to have a room specifically dedicated to laundry is very exciting. I'm easy to please.

2 comments:

Kanoe said...

this looks amazing! I'm so happy for you guys!

She-Ra said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to visit! ;)