Thursday, March 20, 2008

Not so much this week

So far this week has been pretty quiet. so why do i feel like i need a break?? Monday i went over to my moms house for a BBQ. it was fun and the highlight of the evening is when a moth tried to fly into my ear and i freaked out. i am not afraid of too many things, but i have an obsession with my ears and i always worry that some bug is going to get in there some how. I've seen it before on those real life E.R. shows and it always freaks me out. the funniest part was that while i was freaking out because of the bug, dadi just reached over and caught it in mid air and let it outside. i was still freaking out so i didn't even notice that he had caught it or anything. my mom and my sister were laughing hysterically at me. i would have probably laughed had i not been the one with the bug trying to get in her ear. sick! Tuesday my dad dropped by and gave us some grapefruit from his tree and some tangerines. Wednesday i just stayed home all day and didn't do much. that's why i can't figure out why i feel like I've been running all over the place. I'm not tired, but i feel like i want to sit down a lot. probably just because I'm pregnant. today i went grocery shopping and to Sam's club. my sister in law (C) gave me her recipe for chicken salad sandwiches. i haven't had her chicken salad in years, but i have been craving it for months so I'm excited to have it tonight for dinner. her and her husband worked for hogi yogi many years ago and it's their recipe. for those of you that don't know what hogi yogi is, it's like subway. I'm going to add cut up red seedless grapes to it just for fun. I'm crazy like that. i have a doctors visit later this afternoon to check up on the baby. now that i can feel him move all the time, i don't really like going to the doctors appointments. it just seems like they're every time you turn around and i know it's only going to get worse since they start seeing me every two weeks soon. i can't remember when that starts, but i hope it's not for a while longer. when i was working, i loved going to my doctors appointments because it meant that i got to leave work early or come in late. now it's hard to schedule my appointments late in the day so that dadi will be home in time to watch moma. my doctors office has a nursery for kids to go while i'm at my appointment. you check them in and stuff, but i don't know that moma would go for it. plus, I'm sure there are germs everywhere.
so I'm totally not a germ freak at all. i would just like to state this for the record. but, i have noticed that since moma has been going to the nursery at church she is getting sick a lot. before she went to nursery, she had only been sick 3 times (in 18 months) 2 minor colds and one bad stomach flu. since she has started going to nursery (5 months now) she has been sick 4 times and she always shows symptoms on or around Tuesday which makes me think she is getting germs from the other kids in nursery. especially when no one in our family is sick or anything. it's really annoying. do any of you moms out there experience this? do you think nursery is to blame? i know that kids are going to get sick and that you can't protect them from every germ out there but i sure hate wiping a snotty nose every month. we should have a clean up party for the toys in nursery or something. it's pretty gross when you think about how many kids touch those toys and how many germs must be on them. sick. let me know what your take on it is and what (if any) solution there is for this. i mean do they ever clean the toys in nursery? i don't know. i'm asking.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Seriously, people probably thought we were crazy, but Carlo and I would do a "sick/snotty nose check" before we would drop him off in nursery. If there was one kid in there remotely sick, we wouldn't take him. I always wondered about the toy thing too and I have no idea, but my guess is no. If one kid in there is sick and plays with a toy then the rest get it. I'm so glad Daniel is done with nursery for that reason and in six months it will be Coral's turn! Yea. Good luck.

Jaime said...

It's totally gross in there and when I was in nursery I tried to enforce the no sick kids in here rule, but it was hard and parents looked at me like I was from another planet. I know it's tough when you have to do your calling and your kid is sick and can't go to nursery, but welcome to parenting, it's not always convenient. Was that harsh? Sorry, but I hate having a sick little kid.

danakay said...

I don't think they clean them very often if at all! It's a good Young Womens activity or service project! :-) Grant was always sick during his nursery years, I'm glad to be done with that!

EvaMarieva said...

It depends on the ward but they usually don't unless a child gets chicken pox, strep or something and they have played there contagious. We wouldn't allow a running nose kid when I was in charge of nursery and we did have upset parents but in the end more parents appreciated it. It has to be hard to have a sick kid after sunday. Good luck!

XYZinn said...

It's totally from nursery! Ryley was never sick before she was 18 months old, and then after nursery she got sick a lot more often. What can you do? They have to build up their immunity...that's the way I look at it.