Monday, April 6, 2009

Angles Baseball!

Well, tonight is opening night and guess which lucky lady gets to go? Yep... ME!! My mom has partial season tickets and so tonight I get to go with her, her boyfriend and my sister. It's going to be really fun. I even bought myself an angels shirt to wear. I'm going to look so cute. Well, I always look cute, but I'm going to be Angles Baseball Cute tonight!
Anyways, today I went over to my aunts house for a few hours with the kids. Today has been a hard day for her but the kids brought a smiles to her face when she would start to feel sad. My cousin Janet, bought Moma big pack of Cheetos Puffs and boy did Moma dig in. She went a little nuts actually. She had the orangest fingers you've ever seen and she sure did wipe them on her shirt a lot. Lovely right? My Uncle Red was out taking care of some things and so my Aunt told Moma that Cheetos were his favorite and she'd better hide them when he got home. About a half hour later, Uncle Red comes in through the front door and Moma took off so fast to the kitchen. She ran in there and yanked the bag of Cheetos off the table and ran into the living room to hide them. It was all pretty funny but after I talked with her, she did the right thing and decided to share. I will not be surprised later when she poops orange though. She ate so many of them. Saturday is my cousins memorial. They are having it at the house and having Mexican food (Jill's favorite) I'm making the rice and some cookies as well. I'm also going to set up a table with some paper and pens where people can write whatever they want to the family whether it be stories about Jill or condolences to the family, etc. I'm going to be making a book for the family that will have everything people write in there for them to have forever. So I told them today that I'll be in charge of that and not to worry about a thing. I also said that I would love to be the lady that walks around saying "Can I get you something to drink?" or "oh, let me take your plate for you" etc. I'll be the hostess with the mostess. They have enough to worry about so I figured me being the person to go around and make sure everyone has everything they need would be of a big help to them. I'm just going to remember to wear comfy shoes so I can flutter around the room. They are going to be reading some things and asked if anyone wants to write a little something to be read aloud. I've already got it in my head what I'm going to say. Once I have it all down, I'll post it. My family loves humor and Jill had the best chipmunk laugh you have ever heard. She was this big tough girl, but she had the most childlike squeaky chipmunk laugh. I used to always tease her about it and so I'm going to make a funny poem about her life that will lighten the mood and bring laughter to the day. That's what she would want and I know that my aunt will get a huge kick out of it.

No comments: