After many hours and back breaking work (seriously, my back is killing me!!), the cakes are done! Tomorrow is the party and I'm so over making cakes right now. I had a heck of a time with the fondant. I used to buy my fondant but it's very expensive and so I'm just now getting used to making marshmallow fondant. I've only made it one other time before today. Well, I guess I still need some practice because the fondant did not turn out right. I was very frustrated and actually had to take a break and go get a Pepsi from Taco Bell because I was getting so upset! Next time, I know what needs to be done. I needed to add more powdered sugar. After the cakes were done, I played around with the left over fondant and figured out that if I added just a bit more powdered sugar, I would be able to get the fondant to the right consistency. So on the cakes I made, the fondant isn't very smooth. Oh well... As I work with this recipe more and more in the future, I will get it down. Good thing these cakes are just being served to my family and they are all forgiving and think I'm wonderful anyways (ha ha). So today was very frustrating and I wish the fondant had turned out better. But all in all, the cakes are okay. I just wish I could have gotten that stinkin' fondant smooth earlier.
Here is Baby G's cake. This is the one we're going to just let him dive into. I hope he makes a real mess of it!!!
Here is Baby G's cake. This is the one we're going to just let him dive into. I hope he makes a real mess of it!!!
Kind of looks like a spaceship with baseball bats on it huh?? Well, it's supposed to be a snare drum! I made the drum sticks last night and it was pretty cool because when I added the brown food coloring, I found that if i didn't mix it in all the way, it looked like wood because of the swirls of food coloring. It looked like grains in wood. This picture doesn't show that very well though.Here is the cake we will be serving to the guests.......
Don't look too closely please. There are waaaaaaay too many mistakes. Over all though, I am happy. Happy it's over and done with!!!!Anyways, so much has been going on lately. We have just been crazy busy so my poor blog has been neglected. I have so many pictures to post. I really need to get busy and post them. Hopefully this next week, I can find time each day to write a quick post and add some photos of the last month. We've had a lot of going's on around here! Hope all is well in blogger land!






5 comments:
First! LOL
I think it's awesome!
Yes, they all do think you are wonderful (your family that is). And I don't know that many people who would take that much time on cakes. And an alien ship with baseball bats?! Whatever. I'm still not seeing that one.
You're crazy.
Awesome!! My 17 year old would LOVE those!!! You are way talented!
Wow! They are great! Thanks for sharing your talent with us in pictures. Maybe i will just hireyou to make cakes for me...
Very cool...don't if I would even attempt to make fondant.
those pics should definitely go in a book, so when he gets older he'll realize how much time and effort you put into his birthday cakes.
I'll say it again...
You are talented!
Post a Comment