This week I'm loving all sorts of stuff but I'll just post a few that come to mind....
#1- Wacky Wednesday!
I love Wacky Wednesday. On my Cute Cupcakes. All The Time. blog, I do a feature every Wednesday where I post funny cupcakes. Sometimes when I'm searching through fifty seven bajillion cupcake photos, I run across something that is really funny. I always wonder things like "Now, why did they put that on a cupcake??" or "I wonder what kind of event these cupcakes were made for?!!" It's just a fun light hearted feature we run on the blog and I really look forward to finding a silly cupcake every week.
**Check out the blog to find out about those ticked off cupcakes above**
#2- Coupon Shopping
Most of you know that I'm a big coupon shopper. Lately I haven't even been going to the store much because I have so much in my stock pile at home. It's really awesome and I save so much money. Before I started coupon shopping, we had a grocery budget of $400.00 per month. That included all our toiletries, diapers, wipes, etc. Everything. I would often run out of money and go over budget. The cupboards would be pretty bare towards the end of the month and I would have trouble putting meals together. But not any more! Now that I coupon shop, my budget is only $200.00 AND I have roughly 4-5 months of food storage in my home right now. It's amazing that by using coupons, I can feed my family on such a small budget, try out new cleaning products and face creams and make up and still have enough left over to add to my food storage.
I use The Grocery Game to help me with my coupon shopping, If you're interested in it, let me know and I will send you an invite. For every three people you refer, you get 12 weeks free. It's only about a dollar per week anyways and when you're saving an average of over 70% on groceries each week, I think a dollar is totally worth it!!!
#3- Vacation
We have finally pretty much decided what we will be doing for Kid Free Vacation this year. We are running low on funds but getting away with each other is so important to us. My mother in law and father in law will be staying with the kids and Mister Studly's business partner will be coming down from up north to watch the shop. We had all the bases covered but still were unsure of where we would be spending our free week (and it's right around the corner!!)! Yesterday we finally came to the conclusion that Mammoth would be the place. We go to Mammoth every year, but usually we go at the end of summer for fishing and we go with the kids or other family members. This year we'll be going so early that the lakes will be closed and there will still be snow on the ground but just getting away just the two of us, It doesn't matter where we go. We're going to relax in the Jacuzzi and just spend time together. I'm going to sleep in and take naps. (I plan to do a lot of sleeping actually) It will be so awesome and I am really looking forward to it. I am the type of person that NEEDS to have something to look forward to or I feel like I will go crazy.
#4- Giveaways
That probably sounds really lame and pathetic but ever since we did our first giveaway on our cupcake blog, I have been in a giveaway mood. Except I want to be the winner, not the giver-away-er! I've been entering giveaways every day like a crazy woman. There are seriously so many that you could just sit online and enter giveaways all day long. I have to limit my time spent on entering these things or I would be on here all day and never eat or sleep or bathe. Even though I know my chances of winning are pretty slim, it's still better odds than the lottery! It's fun just to see what people are offering and dream about what you would do with the item if you were to win. It's almost like window shopping but instead of going home sad wishing I could buy all the fun things I've seen, I feel hopeful that some day I will get that email that says "You're the WINNER!!!"
Someday people... someday.
I tend to have pretty bad luck with these kinds of things but I'm hoping my luck will change soon and I can actually score something for free!
So that's it. My second I Heart Hump Days. It's been fun. See you next week.
Someday people... someday.
I tend to have pretty bad luck with these kinds of things but I'm hoping my luck will change soon and I can actually score something for free!
So that's it. My second I Heart Hump Days. It's been fun. See you next week.









1 comment:
Love it! I have more grandma coupons for you when Greg comes tonight!
Post a Comment